Hitachi 53UWX10B Rear Projection

4.15/5 (26 Reviews)

- Digital Window Plus Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Menu.
- Dual Tuner Picture-outside-Picture (PoP).
- Dual Viewer Split Screen (PoP).
- MultiViewer-3 Auto Channel Surf.
- Thumbstick Illuminated Universal Remote (8-Device).
- UltraTEC Bitmap On Screen Display (Tri-Lingual).
- 181 Channel Tuner with Auto Programming.
- Plug & Play Interactive Setup.
- Auto Link (Video Input Sensor).
- On-Screen Help with Auto Demo.
- Front Panel Menu Controls.
- Favorite Channel.
- Power Resume.
- Parental Locks.
- Channel Lock/Video Lock/Quick Lock.
- Front Panel Lock Out.
- Time Interval Lock.
- TV/Movie Rating Locks.
- Soft Mute (50% & 100% Mute).
- Channel I.D.
- Video Input I.D.
- 4-Event ON/OFF Program Timer.
- Sleep Timer (15 to 180 minutes).
- Closed Caption Decoder (CC).

Submitted by Barbara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
I would purchase another tv just like this one. I do not like the newer tvs. I had one before I bought this one from Sears. I called tv's tech to clean out the tv and to make sure it was in good condition before I gave it to my daughter, then I went to Sears to buy the one I have now. At the time I let the sales person talk me into the newer models, took one home and hated it. I don't like the screen on the new tvs, too bright and shiny. I called Sears back and asked about the tv I have now. Actually it had a sold sign on it when I was in the store so I thought I would ask the manager if it was sold. The manager was the one that had put the sold sign on it because he was buying it. I talked him into letting me switch the new tv I had bought for the tv I have now. I have had 2 of this type television and I would prefer to stay with this type, brand, style and not the newer tvs. I have had both tvs for over 10 years each time. The one I gave to my daughter is also good as it was the day I gave it to her. I would not have anything else but if this one does have problems I don't know what I will do. I never write reviews so this is a first for me but I thought I would show my appreciation towards the people that put this tv out. Thank you

Submitted by Peter Black a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this badboy at a garage sale. $20, awesome steal. Just needs a little re-calibrating, but this badboy is awesome!

Submitted by Don Dickerson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Hitachi 53uwx10b rptv surpassed my expectations. It is a great rptv but it is fragile. If it is not calibrated just right it can look terrible. I enjoy watching HDTV sports & movies. I'm very pleased but glad I know how to do calibrations on it to keep up the great looking picture.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Audy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the Hitachi 53UWX10B after viewing the picture quality. I had viewed sony and Mitsubishi but the picture did not seem all that great even though they were playing a movie on DVD. The Hitachi has a better screen and brighter picture which for me are better quality when viewing DVD movies. Before buying Hitachi I compared the Hitachi HDTV to a regular progection TV with analog cable and the HDTV provided a better detail Some features on the TV dont do much I usually use wide smooth which works good with DVD computer and playstation.

Purchased At:   video store

Submitted by Ray Gonz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the Hitachi 53UWX10B because i've been wanting a big screen tv for some time. I especially liked the fact that it is hdtv compatible. However, I thought that the advances in technology would give this digital projection tv an advantage over older analog projection tv's. My mom's 4 year old hitachi projection tv has a better picture. On the 53UWX10B, when I watch a dvd movie, horizontal edges on objects looked blurred and have like a rainbow effect. The eyes of people don't look defined. In general, fine detail on images look blurred. I'm considering taking this 53UWX10B model back to sears because I am not satisfied. It also takes a good 2 seconds to tune in on the next channel, ditto for picture in picture viewing. My 6 year old magnavox tube has much better resolution.

Purchased At:   SEARS