TEAC W860R
Description: TEAC DUAL TAPE DECK, DUAL AUTO REV, DOLBY B/C, HX-PRO, PITCH CONTROL => Model W-860R

Submitted by MarsVideo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this deck used, sight unseen, to use as a backup unit for my Sony dual record reversing cassette decks. To my surprise, this Teac model deck is still available, which ya just never know with used gear. One uncommon feature the W-860R has, is a mic jack with its own level control. The main purpose for this deck will be to record lectures, using wireless mics, compressors, eq, and a mixer. This Teac has already proved itself to be a good tape-to-tape editing deck, and will serve well as a main recorder. Like the Sony, the W-860R also has a variable pitch control on deck 1. I even found that Teac makes available a rackmount kit, which I purchased. My W-860R deck is housed in a custom portable rack with a 31-band eq, a 6 channel mixer, and a 4 channel compressor. I'd gladly purchase a second W-860R, if I didnt already have 3 Sony's. What I don't like is the lack of real-time meters, and the all-black faceplate.

Purchased At:   Thrift Store