Nakamichi CR-2A
Description: Two heads tapedeck

Submitted by BrianHannah a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
If your a NAK lover check out NAKS.com
This is a review if my CR-3A. I bought this as a "close out" item in 1992 from Roger Sound Labs in LA. My Dad has a Nak-460 (still does) and I knew that if I was going to buy only one Tape Deck for the rest of my life, Nak was the only way to go. I used it to make tapes for my car and Walkman through my time in college.
(93-96) The thing is solid as a rock, talk about bullet proof! No plastic parts here! It still have it but it's not hooked up at the moment. I never had a problem with it and reccomend buying a CR series NAK or older if you can find one.
Naks are like fine wine, the older the better!

Purchased At:   Roger Sound Labs, Lo

Submitted by Michel a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit more than 9 years ago and it has worked flawlessly the entire time. Once you get the knack of making tapes with the unit, it is a dream.

I can't believe a product so inexpensive has performed so well for so long. If I can find another, I would pick it up. Nothing fancy, just great performance.

One of the easiest machines you will ever use and set up to use with a NAK remote if you have one.

I would give 6 stars if possible!

Submitted by John Algood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
You can spend a lot more money on a cassette deck, and lot gain the exponential sound quality as this unit. Keeping with the NAK tradition, the sound is beautiful and warm. Nakamichi is known for making quality equipment such as the Dragon. But at more than 4x the cost, a listener might now consider a digital format. Anyway, if you buy a CR-2A, you should throughly enjoy it.

Purchased At:   used, another audio fan

Submitted by dennis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
Short-commings well worth tolerating for the quality and performance this deck delivers. It is amazing that this is only a 2 head deck. I haven't heard a 3 head deck to rival it.

Anyone who wants top-shelf performance where money is an object, should love this deck. When I purchased it, it was the second cheapest nakamichi. For the money I spent, I could have gotten top of the line in any other brand but mcintosh. Ifelt then as now, that a low end nakamichi is better than a top shelf something else.