Mirage Loudspeakers FRx Rear
Description: Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by Jeff Wood from Canada a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these for rears and I have used them as front periodicaly. Excellent Mids and highs and even a little mid bass. Great little speakers for the price. I am a big fan of Mirage these days. They have some very nice inovative products.

Purchased At:   Audio/Video Unlimite

Submitted by mikepurc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm in the process of changing all my speakers (except the sub) over to Mirage FRX. These were the first step. I've had them up for a few days and have been very impressed. They replaced some small Infinity surrounds, and made a big difference. The sound is much more spacious, and the rear effects have power where they didn't before.

I also experimented with them hooked up to the main channels (just to get a feel for their sound) and they sounded great. Not as much bass as my old Infinity Reference 1's, but I didn't expect that. Whitney Houston's voice sounded exceptionally smooth on "I Have Nothing," against nice crisp (but not overly bright) brass, with nice imaging. Nice and clear piano on Ben Folds Five "One Angry Dwarf...". And they could hold their own when pushed loud with I Mother Earth's "Not Quite Sonic," although the distorted guitars against pounding drums seemed just a bit muddled if I really cranked up the volume.

I got mine in white, which I was a little worried about because these were a floor model, and the grills were moderately dirty and discolored. A few minutes soaking in the tub with some laundry detergent and light toothbrush scrubbing, followed by fresh water and a shop-vac to dry them, and they looked like new!

Overall, I'm very happy with them so far. I can't wait to get the rest of my system upgraded to FRX.

Purchased At:   Local shop (clearanc

Submitted by OD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Seamless. For easy installation remove the plate from one of the speakers and use it for a template.

Purchased At:   Sounds Plus

Submitted by DiMora Diamond a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
These integrate seamlessly with my Mirage FRX-7 tower speakers. They are Omnipolar, and the dual tweeters fill up the room with spacious realism. They were superior to the Klipsch and Boston Acoustics setups in the same price range that I tried at H-Fi-Buys.

Submitted by Gregor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought these because a friend of mine gets mirage speakers at cost. I've been very happy with their sound and would recommend them to anyone looking for some entry level surround speakers. The only gripe I have is that they use a 4 - screw mounting system which makes lining up all the wall screws difficult. Otherwise they're great!