Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.0R
Description: Equipped with the exclusive and patented Soundfield Management System, the Energy Veritas V2.0R Rear Surrounds provide an unparalleled blend of performance and value in any home theater milieu. <br><br>Adaptable to any environment, the V2.0R Rears feature customizable ambient output for outstanding accuracy in virtually any room configuration.<br><br>The Energy Veritas V2.0R Rear Surrounds - More of the incredible performance quality you've come to expect from Energy. <br>

Submitted by gay_conan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had the Energy Take Five surrounds as part of my first HT system. They did OK, as most surround consists of tiny detail noise. I was very lucky to get the Veritas surrounds as part of a used package deal, and now I know what I was missing before.

Just for kicks, I hooked these up as my main speakers for a day when I first got them. They have the same high quality construction and use the same cones as the Veritas main speakers. These surrounds blew away my old main speakers. They were full and clear, and reproduced the mid and bass frequencies very nicely. Admittetly, I didn't turn them up too loud, just in case. However, they performed beautifully.

The high performance capabilities of these speakers first became apparent while watching _Requiem For a Dream_. There are full music tracks in surround used in this movie. My old surrounds could NEVER NEVER have handled this kind of film adequately. With the Veritas, the music came through crystal clear, and seamless with the reat of the sound. The same is true for movies with high levels of special effects in the rear channels, like Gladiator. The sound of the chariots behind me was just as bold as the ones in front.

One thing I must mention is that Energy has created a beautifully matched set with their surrounds and center. I use them with the Veritas 2.2's, and the matching is spectacular. They provide a clean image all around, without any annoying timbre crossover between center and main, or main and surround.

The dipole-bipole-corner feature is one that I think they could do without, as the difference is minimal. However, in a different environment than my current apartment, I may have use for that feature.

In addition, my wife thinks that the surrounds are very attractive, and doesn't mind them like she did with the old ones.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Jan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I needed a pair of surrounds that were of the same high quality as my PSB Stratus Gold i's and C6i center channel, and I wanted the surrounds to be adjustable to bipole, dipole, and direct radiator configurations. These speakers seemed to have a similar sounding midrange and tweeter to the Golds, and so I picked 'em up. No regrets, these puppies do whatever are asked of them with a flick of a switch, and they look great, too. Now if only PSB could develop a similar speaker for their Stratus line! In the meantime, the Veritas do just fine, thank you very much. Check 'em out!

Purchased At:   Good Guys