Energy Speaker Systems C-R1 Rear Channel
Description: <li> Connoisseur <li>The Bi-polar design of the C-R1 rear channel surround lends itself to many different mounting arrangements to suit your room. The small cabinet size, and shape enhances performance by directing the surround information towards the rooms boundaries, and utilizing these boundaries as reflective surfaces. The surround system will sound larger than life, and much more realistic - closer to the goal of the true "theater" experience.

Submitted by zepman1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
A very solid bipolar surround speaker. Even without ideal placement creates an incredibly diffuse rear surround field for movies and multichannel music listening. Really helps improve the experience at less than ideal positions. I was really impressed with the bass output of these bad boys, definitely more than expected out of a surround this size.

I hooked them up to the B speaker output at first to listen to with 2 channel music. I was very surpirsed at how good they sounded. Other than the bipolar design, they would be a very good front satellite when paired up with a good sub. Midrange seems to be lacking a little, but as surround speakers, this shouldn't be a huge concern.

Treble response is good, although not great. Not overly bright as some aluminum domes can be. Generally a warm pleasing sound from them.

So far my biggest beef with these is that the mounting bracket sucks. It is very difficult to mount these using the supplied bracket. I ended up using a small shelf bracket instead, so not a big deal though.

At $100 for the pair (used but in mint condition) I doubt I could find anything better.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by L.J. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great speakers. My 7 ch stereo never sounded better. I'm using these for my surrounds and surround back. I upgraded from some cheap sony's(mb150h) and the differance in sound is simply amazing. Bullets flying, choppers whirling, and that beautiful chime of empty shells hitting the ground. It's all there plus more. I was really impressed with the bass responce also. I got em hooked up and when I started playing them I thought the vega's they were sitting on were playing also. To my amazement the bass was coming from the c-r1. All around good speaker, well built and nice look. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Great buy at almost $100 ea.

Purchased At:   Good Guys