Velodyne Acoustics SPL-1000 Series II
Description: The Small-Plays-Loud (SPL) Series subwoofer line consists of the SPL-800 Series II (8 driver), SPL-1000 Series II (10 driver) and SPL-1200 Series II (12 driver). All share a patented Energy Recovery System (ERS) 1000 watt RMS/ 2000 watt dynamic power digital switching amplifier. With their compact size and single front firing driver design, the SPL Series II subwoofers are easily hidden in a corner or built into a cabinet. Velodynes exclusive distortion limiting Dynamic Driver Control System assures linear cone movement, and controls the drivers frequency and distortion characteristics. This allows the SPL Series II subwoofers to play loud yet keep the bass very clean, tight and accurate.

Submitted by Lori Latta a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this subwoofer in late 2004. I have used it primarily for movies and SACD/DVD Audio music. I have never turned it up very loud, I live in a townhouse with neighbors on both sides. The subwoofer just started to make strange noises, like a farting noise. I called Velodyne, I have to remove the applifier, send it in(my expense). Then the cost to repair will be about $235.00. This product is a little over 3 years old, with very lite use. I will never buy another product of Velodyne's. I have never had a speaker go bad from any high end company(thats the only ones I buy from). I think this product is a piece of crap, and I have no intension of spending anymore money on it. I would think twice about buying it, there are a lot of other subwoofers with simular abilities, built much better.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by mfm8046 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
It was good while it was working. Can't get any sound out of it now. I've contacted Velodyne. Let's see how good they are at responding!

Purchased At:   Tweeters

Submitted by Ironskull a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
This Velodyne SPL-1000II 10" sealed woofer simply delivers the best all around bass for: music/movies. I've tried Polk, Sony,and others. Velodyne is simply synonymous with rich deep precision bass. Superior in all price ranges.

Purchased At:   6th Ave Electronics