SVS PB12-NSD
Description: <li> Custom long-throw 12" woofer <li> SVS designed, full-featured 320 watt BASH (R) digital switching amp <li> Down-firing woofer with distinctive SVS integrated base-plate <li> Compliant floor mounts, ultra low center of gravity <li> Precision tuned, patented 4" high-flow flared porting (in and out). <li> 22Hz anechoic extension with 18hz in-room frequency response typical

Submitted by Tman72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hello, let me first say that while I'm not an "audiophile snob" I do understand the difference between very good and very bad sound quality. I've written a couple reviews on here about different subs and a small receiver this review will be for the PC-12NSD . Buying "blind" so to speak ..or should I say "deaf" is a somewhat risky move with all of todays junk out there. This turned out not to be one of those "mistakes' I'm sure if your reading these and other reviews on products you already know SVS has a very good product and customer service due to there large following of supporters. I will not reitterate what has already been said about SVS subs. I'm just going to tell you that if your on the fence and thinking should I go with SVS or HSU or the MFW-15 , Rythmik..or ED the online marketplace for high quality subs is pretty good right now. The reason I went with the SVS is due to customer service and support which really states they stand behind there product. Not to mention the value . Any of the above mentioned e-tailers will provide you with a very good sub. (The cylinder version seemed to fit exactly where I wanted it ) This along with the price for low distortion low frequency which = excellent SQ is why I went with SVS. With all the in home trial periods available you could actually buy most if not all the subs your debating on and go with the one that fits you best , price , size , SQ. I'm very happy with my PC-12 and will only "upgrade" when I have a much larger room to fill ( or maybe just add another PC-12 )

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by dondi38 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
this is for the pc version cylinder sub.ok i reviewed svs for 4 years looking at this site for refrence.finally on my birthday i ordered this beast.the heck with wife factor i wanted ground shaking bass, tight with music too easy to set up,and a bargain. all that plus more this is a man sub built for bass. it brought music and movies to life.i believe in getting bang for the buck. word of advice for the wife factor i have samsung blu-ray player that streams netflix and pandora internet radio.with pandora its free and u can custimize your play with the type of songs ,artists or genre great wife factor. and order blu-rays with netflix. i hope this review helps you consider this sub just in case you have a wife like the rest of us. live long and prosper.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by pbyouthmin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
WOW! That is the first thing I think of when I asked about my new SVS PB12-NSD (please note this is the new PB12NSD that is front firing). It is by far the best sounding sub for the price. I interviewed four other subs before settling on the SVS. I tried out the following: Velodyne DLS-3750R, Klipsch RW-10d, Definitive Technology SuperCube I, and Aperion Intimus S-12. Hands down the SVS had better kick, power, and near as boomy as the Aperion and Velodyne. The Klipsch was decent but it did not hit as low nor could you feel the bass like you can with the SVS. The Def Tech was just a good as the SVS and maybe a tiny bit better because of its size. It is much smaller than the SVS but then again it should sound that good for being a sub well over $1000 in price.
Last night I watched U-571 and in some parts the bass is so low that you can not hear it but you can feel it. That is when you know the sub is working right. The other subs other than the DEF Tech could not produce those levels. Once the other subs hit about 30hrz they really backed off where the SVS backed off around 23hrz.

I have researched and researched subs and this is by far the best in its price class. I read review after review and compared it to the Outlaw sub and HSU and I could not ignore the reviews of the SVS so I went that route and am so pleased.

If you are looking for a great sounding sub and a great price go with the SVS you will not be disappointed.

Purchased At:   www.svsound.com

Submitted by Philip a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have to say is WOW! I have been researching subs for the past 3 months and the SVS PB12-NSD has found a home. (Please note that I have the new PB12-NSD with new BASH Amp and Front Firing Design) After trying a Velodyne DLS-3750R, Klipsch RW-10d, Definitive Technology SuperCube I (a $1000 plus in price sub), and finally an Aperion Audio Intimus S-12, the SVS blew all others away. Of course with the Def Tech it was a close call, but when I factored in the price of the sub the SVS won hands down. I mainly use my sub for Home Theater and it works nicely. I actually could have gone with the PB10-NSD but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of bass if I ever needed to move into a bigger room.
This sub is one that you can hear but more over you can feel. When it goes below the 30hz that is when you can feel it moving the furniture, walls, and your own body. The first movie I played was Pearl Harbor and the scene of the attack. The explosions are incredible. You feel you like you are right there in the middle of the attack.
The manual is excellent, set-up easy, some adjustments are needed as with any sub, the look is great, although note that this sub is heavy and big, but the sound is so worth it. The pacing material it was sent in was great. It was double boxed and I received it in three days. The Aperion Sub was cosmetically damaged and it took one week to receive, however the returns department was excellent. The SVS has much better sound and not as boomy as all the other subs I tried except the Def Tech which sounded great but again very pricey.
If looking for a sub for your HT system, stop looking and give this SVS a try. Has a great warranty, great return policy if you do not like it, and great reputation. Take it from me that has tried many out in stores and the ones listed above that I took home the SVS out performed them all but the high end Def Tech. I did debate between an Outlaw, HSU, and SVS but after looking a other reviews I decided on the SVS and have no regrets on that choice. Happy shopping.

Purchased At:   www.svsound.com

Submitted by risingeclipse a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well, add another fan to the list! I can't go into exactly how low it goes or anything specific because I don't have the trained ear that most on this site seem to have.

What I can tell you is this is my first subwoofer purchase and I am completely satisfied with what I paid for it. This thing rocks the house! The hardest part about buying this sub is that it is only sold on the internet. I know they have a money-back policy, but who wants to pay $60 to return something. Well, if you can get over the size of the cabinet, you probably won't ever return this beast!

It keeps up with the faster beats of the music that I listen to, and at night when I put on a movie, it impresses me even more.

One movie that I don't see mentioned very often (or a series of movies for that matter) is Jurassic Park. My cat and dog were freaked out over the dinosaurs that stomped through our living room.

I will say that others mentioning the Wife Approval Factor (WAF) being low rings true. My wife is impressed by the sound, but the box is enormous. She lives with it and we are planning to buy a larger home soon, so it will hopefully have a dedicated theater room where it won't look out of place.

Purchased At:   SVSound