Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature
Description: Subwoofer

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a True Subwoofer Signature from a local dealer as a demo 7 months ago. I use the LFE from my Citation 5.0 to a Behringer 8024 digital EQ then to the sub. This 13" cube is just plain insane for HT. Aside from setting it in a corner behind my right main speaker and some minor adjustment to the sub and some minor adjustments to the 8024 digital EQ (used to help with room acoustics and to give me quick access to gain control) I have done nothing else as far as adjustments.

The Sub and pre-amp is turned way down. The Behringer is generally set at flat for gain. Crossover point from the pre-amp and Sub is at 80hz. The room is 16'W x 9'H x 50'L. The listening area is 16'W x 9'H x 22'L approx.

As for music, this sub is fast and will go to 20hz! I auditioned the following subs before buying the Subwoofer signature (I do not remember the model numbers): top of the line 8", 10" and 12" small Velodyne subs, a couple of Rels, the $1800 15" Klipsh, a couple of Polks, Martin Logan and many, many more. As a side note, I was not able to hear the new Earthquake subs, which are supposed to be very similar to the Sunfire.

In summary, I am very happy with this little monster I purchased, for both HT and music. I would have paid $2000 for this sub, I just happen to blindly run into a screaming deal!

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by Erik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recently replaced my Klipsch bookshelf speakers with Klipsch RF-7's, RC-7, and RS-7. I decided to also replace my RSW-12 with a sub more suited to my system since the RF-7's can almost perform at the same level as the RSW-12. I was originally going to get a KSW-15 but the salesman recommended a Sunfire sub instead. I was initially hesitant because I wasn't familiar with Sunfire's subs or their performance (good, bad, or otherwise). He took me to a listening room and played several different kinds of music on the Sunfire and then on the Klipsch. The difference was asonishing - the Klipsch sounded boomy and somewhat sloppy and it couldn't handle ultra-high volumes or ultra-low frequencies that you can feel but not hear. The Sunfire, however, was tight, responsive, and also much more "real" sounding. It can rech frequencies that no other sub in its price range can touch, and it does it all so accurately. I know everyone says great things about their subs on here, but having owned and listened to many different subs, I have to say without a doubt that this sub is worth every single penny I paid for it. If you pay anything over $750 for a sub without giving this one a listen, you are cheating yourself out of one heck of a bargain. You cannot beat the amazing performance you get for this price anywhere within $2000 of this sub.

Purchased At:   Sound Track

Submitted by NUTNICK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Love it, had the Velodyne 18" and found that for music the Sunfire is mucher tighter, and isnt boomy at all!!! My wif' loves that the hugh Velodyne is gone and i love that she cant put a plant pot on it -- The guys at American theater were cool , I buy wholesale from them all the time ------ review my other toys!

Purchased At:   1-800-889-5845

Submitted by Bugsy2003 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
This sub is Awesom. I am not going to rewrite what has been said by others on this site I am just going to agree. This little box is unbelievable. You have to hear it to believe what it does. I bought mine in Chicago along with the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature II. This place had everything you could think of.They had $10000.00 monoblock amps that were as big as the endtables I have my lamps sitting on. There were millions of dollars worth of very high end equipment right in the store. The stuff you see in pictures in audio magazines they has on display, connected and playing. The salesman said the True Sig Sub was the best in the store. The sound wave it produces is the lowest I have heard. It took me three days to get it adjusted, but all subs are hard to figure out the right placement and settings. I use mine 95% home theatre and 5% music. It works great for both. I have wrote two other reviews on this site- TGIII and Cinema Grand Signature II. If you are considering a Home Theatre system this is the point of diminishing return as one reviewer said.

Submitted by ricwe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
this mutha rocks. i can hardly believe the bass something this small is capable of. when i read the reviews on this sub i had my doubts. i was pleasantly surprised when i hooked it up and played with it for best positioning and settings. this box will honestly shake your house. with music its a little boomy, but i haven t had alot of time to play with it. you can t beat it for HT. i think most people will be more than satisfied with the output of this little sucker. i wouldn t trade it for anything.