Polk Audio PSW1200
Description: Dual 12", 350-watt subwoofer

Submitted by wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub on clearence at the wiz for 350 right before it was discontinued.polk makes great subs and this one is a monster,the bass this baby puts out is incredable,it shakes my entire house 3/4's the way up.sounds good with music and really good with movies.my only complaint is its weight, moving it is a pain but other than that its great.

Purchased At:   wiz

Submitted by Scott a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Simply put, you do not need this much bass. I however wanted this much bass. I think this product is discontinued, but if you can find it, buy it. I was unhappy with other subs I looked at, they all gave out at some level...your ears will give out way before this does. This sub should come with an option to buy your own bail money futures, it is a noise violation waiting to happen.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield's Outlet

Submitted by M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
The PWS1200 is for people that would rather drive a Viper than a Porsche. Both are fast but in a different way. Let's just say I had a little visit from the police because while testing it's potential I made some of my neighbors dishes fall out of their cabinets. The PSW1200 is great for music and super for DVD 5.1 Dolby digital movies. The PSW1200 is way more than what you need but so is the Viper.

Purchased At:   THE WIZ

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this beast while I was working for Circuit City in 1999, so I was able to get it at accomodation price. All the reviewers below, except for George from New York (only a wimp lets a salesman push them into buying something they can't understand), can attest to the fact that this thing is a piece of FURNITURE. You have to plan your room around it. The advantage is that placing it on either end of a sofa allows it to serve as an end table as well as an earthshattering noise violation. Polk built this monster so well that even at heart-stopping levels, you can balance your house of cards on it. Needless to say when I popped the covers off the speakers I was FLOORED by the fact they had used 8ohm versions of the mammoth 12" db car subs. I say mammoth because unlike most sub manufacturers, Polk created 12" subs that sound as good as 15"s without the size or power requirements. And with this home theater sub, you get _2_. Don't have a mono RCA sub out jack on your amp? No problem. You can route your front speakers straight through this bad boy. Have 2 RCA sub outs? No problem. Plug them BOTH in. I have had this thing for several years, and my comfortable listening level is 4 on the dial on the front. At 5 the neighbors complain. It goes to 11 folks. And if you use your that stupid bass boost button on your amp with this goliath, you should be shot. My current system has some older speakers in it, but if you check the reviews of the RT 7s and the CS 350, you'll see this is as good if not better than the current "i" stuff being put out by Polk right now.

FRONT: Polk RT 7s
CENTER: Polk CS 350LS
REAR: Polk LS f/xs
SUB: Polk PSW-1200 Seismic Cannon
AMP: Sony DB925 (Yeah, the one with the ES components)
DVD: Marantz VC-8100

If you have the incredible luck finding this sub, BUY IT! Even if you have to pay the original $1299 for it, you are doing yourself a favor, and your neighbors an injustice.

Purchased At:   Polk

Submitted by LAM NGUYEN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
When I first try the Blue Man Group DVD-audio, my AR-115S seems to work very hard to keep up with this DVD. My living room is fairly large so I decide to look for a high performing sub. I bought this one via mail order through Crutchfield at $675 with free shipping and also get a free channel speaker CS175i for the guest goom and 10% credit of total purchase for my account for the next order. The performance is terrific, no problem for the Blue Man DVD-audio, if you want to test your system to the limit, use this DVD-audio as a reference disc. I also try the Deep Puple DVD-audio, track # 5, Smoke on the water, the bass performance or this song will crank you up. Since DVD-audio requires full rangge speakers for all channnels, I hook up my rear speakers with the Polk PSW-150. Try the Matrix DVD, you will experience how the bass in the rear channel sound like.
System
Pioneer Provision 55 inches projection TV
Pioneer Karaoke DVD player model 555
Panasonic DVD-audio player A-10
Pioneer LD player model 606
MC audio Z1 cables, (MC 10 gauge for rear channnels), bi-wiring for front L/R channels, MC digital coax cables for DVD, MC high performance cables for DVD-audio. MC component video cables.

Purchased At:   CRUTCHFIELD