Proscan PS36500
Description: 36" Color TV - 790 Lines Horizontal Resolution - Stereo Reception - Comb Filter - Picture in Picture - S-Video Input - 2 A/V Inputs - Universal Remote

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
The TV is perfect for older picture tube type. Love the Direct TV with the RCA decoder uses the same remote a big plus. Good color and E-Surround sound. However I use this TV only as a monitor and do not fequently use the TV tuner section very often. Several of my friends have offered to by this TV, I turned them to newer RCAs

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by John Macleod a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had to make a comment here because Trevor from Canada sounds like a complete idiot. His first review gives this a set and then the most recent gives it the worst review. Sounds like he has other issues besides this set. I don't know the long term repair and report on this set other than if it is made by RCA and from what Consumer Reports say about both products, I can only hope it will not be a costly venture in owning one. I am very, very pleased with the picture quality and the PIP set-up. The commerical skip is a nice feature. The guide plus for recording programs is cool and the surround modes and volume is decent for my living room. I think it's also an aestethically pleasing set to have in your living room with a pretty flat screen and width appearance as opposed to height and bulbous picture tubes on sets in this size range. I would recommend this set to someone, but of course it depends on how much they have to spend really. I am buying another set this weekend for my parents, anything between a 36 - 60" (it's their 30th aniversary and really up to them what they want). I am strongly considering a JVC/Hitachi/Toshiba this time around, and lastly the Sony WEGA 36" if that is there decision to stick with strictly a 36" range. Whatever you decide to buy, if you spend $1200 or more, you should be quite ok. Don't drive yourself nuts!!!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Trevor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well...I had enough of this TV...I left it at the store where I purchased it (where it was still dismanteled for repairs) and walked away with a new Sony......now this is a Television.......the Sony has the excellent and reputable Trinitron tube and the picture is outstanding. As for the Proscan....leave it in the store... Yes, it does have all the bells and whistles and a good price, but the quality just isn't there and you'll end up in the long run being disappointed.....afterall, when you're paying this much for a TV set you don't want to be watching a screen that looks like a $200 TV.

Submitted by Richard Smith a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent set for the money.
Buy the matching stand if you can get it because it has set pins to keep the set from moving on the stand and falling off.
Also buy the extended warranty on any set you buy, I have heard too many horror stories from friends about a $300 - 500 repair bill at year three.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Trevor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I really like this tv...it has a nice sharp image and the built in tv guide is a bonus! This TV set compared equally and beyond the much more expensive sonys. Another great feature about this tv is the A/V options......dual Audio/Video on the back, plus one Audio out....an A/V input on the front (cleverly hid away on the side of the set), and Dual S-Video inputs on the back........I find this great because I go directly from my satellite reciever to the TV and from my DVD player to the TV.