Loewe Calida
Description: 32 inch Digital TV with digital surround sound audio - Component Video Input - Digital progressive scan - Digital comb filter - picture-in-picture - Digital Picture Formatting (Several Aspect Ratios)

Submitted by bucksrock a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I actually sell these sets for a local dealer. The picture quality on my Calida has been astounding in almost all aspects thus far. DVD is amazing. I would note one week area- watch carefully when there is a large amount of action on screen, particularly on dish or cable programming. You will probably notice "ghosts" or trace images behind the action. I'm O.K. with this for now but I'm sure it will get quite annoying.

Purchased At:   Loewe

Submitted by E R a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best TV set I ever owned or seen anywhere. Picture quality is superb and reliability is perfect. The TV also looks great (mine is blue) and draws attention from anybody who sees it. Attention is changed to amazement when the unit is turned on.

Perfect purchase.

Submitted by Vincent Chen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Terrific product in search of support to go with. For a year and some months this set has done Yeoman service in my project multimedia studio and my Home Theater system. Recently the High Voltage Flyback Transformer failed and this by the way was in June 2002, and now after a month and then some, the part is still not here. This is a common part and not some exotic Processor/proprietary device this set needs. Every set has a Flyback Transformer to make part of the Picture Tube work. Loewe has not supported me, or my Service agency well at all. Time will tell what will happen. I have contacted The Good Guys Corporate office and I must say they have some Great folks there. Thank You, Cherrie for example. So in sum. If you buy this set, be sure that you have a service contract on it, and have some great dealer support behind you or the worst will be norm. I will not recommend this set until Loewe gets their act together. I understand Sensory Science discontinued them. Hmmm, makes me wonder. Will keep everyone informed on this great set that does not work. V.C.

Purchased At:   THE GOOD GUYS EAST L

Submitted by walter chang a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
In my opinion this television set is awesome. Picture wise as well as the audio.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   stereo exchange

Submitted by bob53 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up review now that I own a Calida... I am still in awe of this TV!!! This HD ready Calida is truly amazing and is only slightly nudged out by the Aconda as the best TV I have EVER seen. I have seen Proton, PG, Sony, Panny, Zenith, Philips, etc. and none are nearly as good as th4e Loewe. The Loewe gives a beautiful life-like image that is hard to describe. The Loewe really excels at protraying motion in a natural way. After watching the Loewe, watching any other TV is painful as the Loewe gives such a natural look to images that all other TVs seem to lack. In every respect, this TV is the clear winner, and for the price (less than the Sony XBR) it is a bargain as none of the grain and motion artifact seen in Sony is seen in this TV. The best way to characterize this TV is smooth and natural with exceptional detail.