Polk Audio LSi FX Surround Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $599.00

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Driver Complement Mid/Woofer 2 - 5-1/4'' Diameter (13.34cm) Dynamic Balance with Aerated Polypropylene cone, cast basket and rubber surround Tweeter 2 - 1'' Diameter (2.54cm) Dynamic Balance Ring Radiator .

Submitted by Chuck Staples a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought these to complement my Polk Lsi system that includes; Lsi15 up front, Lsi9 now in the rear, LsiC center channel, and Hsu Research VTF3-MK3 sub. My Onkyo receiver directs all sub-80Hz LFE information to the sub.

I use the LsiFx in dipole mode in a 7.1 system. They sound great and add great depth and spaciousness to the system as a whole. I have the tweeter about 3ft above seated ear height with all other tweeters at ear height.

The continuity in sound having all seven speakers with the same drivers and crossovers makes for a seamless experience.

I'm glad I added these. Although the usual price is about a grand from a reputable dealer, Polk sells on eBay and I bought these as "reburbished". I can't tell that they are anything but new. They look and sound brand new. The finish is the same outstanding glossy black as the other speakers. The grills are identical to the Lsi9.

Visually, these speakers aren't exactly invisible, but they look very professional so the wife-acceptance-factor is pretty decent (at least enough for my forgiving wife).

I'm giving these a 5-star rating for performance, and 5 stars for value in my case. If I paid a grand, I'd drop the rating a star or so.

Product model year:   2008

Purchased At:   Polk Direct (eBay)

Submitted by obournjd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
These are great sounding speakers. Bought them to be front speakers in my bedroom until I change out the whole home theater to Polk in the near future and move them to the rear. Hooked up to my old Yamaha RX-V470 reciever (weak but still decent) and new Onkyo DX-C390 CD Changer this is a great sounding system for a bedroom. I bi-wired them also and this seems to add a little to the sound making them seem taller. Really have to play with the speaker placement since these are not front-firing and I recommend the bi-pole mode if you are wall mounting.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by Miles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
After auditioning many surround speakers for my 7.1 system, I chose the Polk Lsifx's. In my opinion, They produced the best, smoothest engulfing sound of surrounds I listened to. They are also switchable from dipole to bipole mode. Although much more expensive than other surrounds, I got a great deal online from www.acousticsounddesign.com which was substantially less than I could find anywhere else.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Polk Audio LSi FX Left / right rear CH speakers @ $500

In order to truly appreciate the high quality images of Blu-ray Disc, the sound performance needs to be upgraded to match the images. Until now, it was difficult to fully enjoy Blu-ray Disc sounds because you had to install and correctly set up the speakers. But with Panasonic, this is no longer ... Read More »