Paradigm Reference ADP-150 Surround Speakers

Surround speaker

Submitted by James a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are very nice speakers. Especially for the price I paid. $140. I purchased them from an add on Audiogon. I will say when I received them a couple of the grills were busted up. The attachements to the speaker box were broke and a couple of the corners were dinged up. Oh well, what do you expect when they were 65% less than retail.

The sound quality did not suffer from the dings. I have placed them approximately 7 feet from the ground in the ideal positions and I have to say they never bring attention to themselves. The sound seems to envelope the listening area making it a continuation of the front speakers. Overall, I have been pleased. I only wish Paradigm would have offered an ADP-300 so that there would be a better match tonally. I have to say that I can't tell the difference between the drivers when using them.

Yamaha RX-V795a
Sony 53"

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Hans Fredrik Wilhelmsen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I had never heard of these when I bought them, but I trusted the people at Hifi-klubben and bought them anyway. The smartest thing I've done, the sound is diffuse, they can play loud and go wery deep. Placement is important though, must be on the sides 2-3feet above listening position.
Use them with:
Denon AVR-3300
Denon DVD-3000
B&W DM604 S2
B&W LCR6 S2
Taralabs, Ixos and Monster cables.

Purchased At:   Hifi-klubben

Submitted by Dave a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
Why was there no page for this model? Well, I made one so deal with it! I purchased these speakers 2 yrs. ago and must say that I am pretty impressed by them. I have Monitor 7 front speakers and a LCR-350 in the center. The matching surround was the ADP-350 but was too expensive at $700/pr. so I settled for the 150's instead. My judgement on these is at least a bit biased because they are mathched with better sounding front speakers. They do soud quite good however. The jet-plane fly-bys in Air Force One are a good test for surround speaker performance. The sound is neutral yet very loud at reference level. Even while my receiver is set in full range for the rears these speakers don't skip a beat. The only noticeable fault is that they have a litlle bit of a different sound than the front speakers. Matched with Atoms and the CC-150 I am sure this would be an excellent speaker in the entry-level high end market. I will give them a 5 for value and clarity, a 4 for all out volume and performance. I can't give them 4 1/2 so I'll give them a 5 because Paradigm is a great company!