Martin Logan Script Surround Speakers

4.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $1695.00

on-wall speaker

Submitted by brunob00 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Scripts for use as my mains. I have a small listening room, and sit only 10ft from the speakers so these are the perfect size and they look fantastc. They are mounted to the side of my entertainment center.

All I can say is that these are the most impressive sounding speakers I have ever had. If the big Martin Logans sound even better... then a full Martin Logan surround system would send me to heaven! The Scripts replaced a pair of B&W 620i towers, and everyday I notice new sounds and nuances to music and DVDs that I never noticed before.

Given the directional nature of the speakers, I spent almost a day coming up with the exact mounting height to get a perfect sweet spot for the sitting area. Do not use the Martin Logan height recommendations out-of-the-box... since your couch or seating areas may be higher or lower than they think. I ended up mounting them a few inches lower than their recommendation. I agree with the other reviewer who said if the sound is off, you have not set them up right. Also, you have to setup your preamp to make sure the signal level to both channels is exact to get that perfect stereo image. These speakers make visible even small differences between the power sent to each channel.

Submitted by Fred a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I like this tiny cute Script in my home theater. Looks very neat when installed high above ear level using the suplied bracket. Blends real well with my SL3 and Logos. Some people found this speakers lean on bass, but that is the job of subwoofers in home theater. Note that most Martin Logan center speaker's frequency responce is the same as the Script's.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers mounted on the wall, upsidedown in my case, look awesome and match my other Matin Logans. Hooked up with plenty of power, 200WPC, they are EXCELLENT!! I use them for Home Theater and listening to DTS CD's as wells as DVD-Audio and they are KILLER. I honestly don't know how you could get a better system than all Martin Logans mated with a good high powered amp, good pre/pro, good DVD-Audio player and a nice sub. I am amazed every single day.

My opinion is, if you don't like Martin Logans, you simply don't have them hooked up right!

Submitted by John Dooley a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these Martin Logan Scripts (rears) to go with my other Martin Logan speakers to match the tonality in my audio system. I have an old 1930's beach apartment with with abode walls, therefore I found out after I bought these speakers I could not use the mounting system that comes with these speakers. I called Martin Logan on this and asked if they had any stands for this product. They told me to call ALU Pole company, which I did for 3 months but could not get ALU to call me back...what a way to ran a company. Then I read in a review on the Martin Logan Web page that there was a stand...I e-mailed Martin Logan and after 3 tries someone wrote to me back that these so called stands were custom made for the reveiw and that the owner of the company also uses the Scripts on guitar stands. Okay...I guess I am going to buy some guitar stands...what a drag. The sound is not that great, but then again, what do you want with rear surround sound speakers. Once I put my old Polk Audio SDS-2 (the Martin Logan SL-3's replaced them as the front mains) and my wife, who is not an audio manic as I am, told me that the Polks sounded better as rears. I have mixed feelings about this product, wished that Martin Logan company would make the mounting more universal (a stand would be nice) due to the vast differences in construction methods. Only buy this product if you want to match the tonality with other Martin Logan speakers...Do not buy this speaker as a rear by itself.