Klipsch SS-1 Surround Speakers

4.93/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

Two-way system using two 1" (2.54cm) K-101-S neodymium magnet, aluminum dome compression drivers with a 90°x 60° Tractrix Horns and one 5.25" (13.3cm) K-1076-S woofer.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
I originally bought the SS.5 surrounds because the SS-1's were out of stock at Best Buy. I also upgraded from the SF-1 fronts to the SF-3. My new set-up is a Yamaha 5750, SF-3 Mains, SS-1 rears, SC-1 front and rear center. This system now cranks. The SS-1 upgrade makes a big difference when listening to music in 6 channel surround. The movies now take on a deeper and clearer ambience as well. The bigger woofer and horns make the special effects more noticeable than the SS.5 surrounds. Klipsch really does have a great set-up for movies.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by rayray a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got the Klipsch SS.1 along with a Klipsch SF-2, Klipsch SC-1, Klipsch KSW-12, Yamaha RX-V995, A nice audio rack, and complete monster speaker wires for only $750. What a deal? I had an old Klipsch SS.5 but was dissapointed by their teeny sound and low sensitivity. Got the Klipsch SS.1 and impressed with the sound. I guess a bigger midrange and tweeter really makes a difference.

Purchased At:   craigslist.org

Submitted by niilo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I Decided on buying these speakers for two reasons....1) I already owned Klipsch fronts so I wanted the tonal quality of the same manufacturer... 2) the reviews on this site were quite impressive.... I lucked -out and purchased these speakers out of the bargain finder....I have them mounted on stands that I purchased from Future Shop in Calgary...They sit behind the sofa and are being used for a system set-up in a small one bedroom condo...This is my first forray into the home theatre set-up.. but I always make a point to do "the work" before I spend the money and get some quality gear...I have been satisfied with Klipsch equipment in the past for there fine sound and clarity..I have been planning on buying these speakers for months.. and nothing new on this web site has swayed me in my purchase...A good deal was to be found that I could not pass-up..... Thanks to audioreview for helping me decide on quality gear...

Purchased At:   Bargain Finder....us

Submitted by isabum a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are great. They round out the home theater perfectly. The sound reproduction is very clear at any volume.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by beezer1424 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
As a newcomer to the a/v world, I had hoped to get my feet wet by purchasing a moderately low priced speaker system. Much to my surprise, I am ecstatic with the sound quality, sound clarity, and overall appearance of the Klipsch system I invested in. Klipsch seems to have produced low cost speakers while maintaining high quality. These surrounds are a delite as are my sb-3's sc-1's and 12 inch sub. I will probably be looking to upgrade to a KLIPSCH reference series system, but until then will remain wholly satisfied with my current system. And believe you me, I will be heading back to Acoustic Sound design ( www.acousticsounddesign.com ) for my future purchases. I ordered my speakers and within 7 days of submiting my order, I had the speakers in my hands. Acoustic Sound Design prices can't be beat, and in addition they honor the full manufacturers warranty through their store!

Purchased At:   Acoustic Sound Desig