Klipsch RS-7 Surround Speakers

4.43/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

In conjunction with the introduction of our new Reference Series flagship floorstanding loudspeaker (RF-7), we have introduced RS-7 surround speakers, new high performance rear channel models that match the flagship model in performance, technology, materials and styling. The new RS-7 surrounds also feature Klipsch’s exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST™), which produces the diffuse effects needed for envelopment as well as the direct sounds necessary for good localization.
The RS-7 was designed to provide "best in class" home theater and multi-channel audio surround sound as part of the ultradynamic Klipsch Reference Series flagship system, including the RF-7 floorstanding loudspeakers, RSW-15 subwoofer and RC-7 center channel. The RS-7s utilize a combination of professional grade materials and advanced horn technology for a smooth response and consistent coverage pattern. Two Reference Series 1" titanium dome compression drivers are coupled to 8" square Tractrix® Horns and powered by unusually large 9.6oz. magnets. This motor assembly offers the speed and accuracy needed to deliver clear, accurate, non-fatiguing high and upper midrange frequencies at any volume level. This design approach is so efficient that it virtually eliminates the most common cause of driver failure — excessive energy.

Submitted by saocosaoco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchased a complete reference 7 Klipsch set in 2006. I had the front RF-7's and RC-7 crossovers modified by DeanG. I am very satisfied with the overall sound these speakers make. I use a KRELL SHOWCASE 7 amplifier with an ANTHEM AVM 30 pre-amp. The front speakers are bi-amped for a total of channels. I mainly listen to SACD 5.1 sound and movies.
The RS-7 speakers are very well made and the sound is very detailed.

Submitted by chefmac a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
I downsized into a townhome and put my big speakers into storage. I checked out eBay, looking for center, surround, and subwoofer speakers that were better suited to the space. I was looking for good speakers--not high end audiophile stuff--but good quality. I searched only for new speakers. I'm not a Bose fan, and it seemed to me that Klipsch and Polk were the best choices for good quality speakers from manufacturers that I knew and that were available on eBay. I wanted to get coverage to 50 - 80 Hz, and a power rating that fit the B & K solid state stero amp that I had on hand (about 200 W/ch).

I ordered a pair of Klipsch RS-7 surround speakers from an authorized Klipsch dealer on eBay (Acoustic Sound Design). They didn't have the RS-7 available, because of an ordering snafu with Klipsch. They sent me a newer model (RS-62 ) for the same price. When they arrived, they were in perfect condition. I hooked them up in place of my left and right mains (the surround speakers from my previous home system) to check them out. They sounded fantastic! I've been a big fan of electrostatic speakers since I bought a pair of Apogee Scintalla speakers almost 20 years ago. These Klipsch RS-7's confirm my choice of planar vs. point source for my current listening room. The clarity, sound staging, and accuracy are remarkable--and these are just the surround speakers. I also prefer their dimensions of the RS-62's to the RS-7's, because of the way they mount on my living room walls. I am now considering placing an order for a pair of Klipsch RF-7 floor standing speaker, because I believe getting a full set of Klipsch speakers (except the sub) will give a more coherent voice to my system.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by 74cuda a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
A really great surround speaker.If you have 5's or 7's and like movies this a good choice,if you have a difficult room it's a great choice.I had rb5's for a while and prefer the rs7's for all around performance.I suppose they would not make good mains as they are a "surround speakers" so any claim the don't sound like rf7's would not be news.

Purchased At:   ovation

Submitted by rtelese a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Klipsch RS-7 speakers as part of my Klipsch Home Theatre system, along with the RF-7's and RC-7 speakers. The RS-7 speakers are a bit on the pricy side and do not deliver the same sonic clarity found on the other 7 series speakers. Perhaps due to the unique Wide Dispersion Surround Technology that is now no longer used by Klipsh, these speakers do not sound as good as the rest of the speakers. At $600.00 per pair I expect something very good, these are average at best.

Purchased At:   SoundDistributors.co

Submitted by plissken99 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I'm currently upgrading my sound system to a Klipsch RF-7 based system. I have the center and now these, just need the RF-7s now. I love thse things! I immediatley noticed a more open sounding soundfield when I hooked these up. Souround effects are much more defined and noticable. Gunshot effects coming from these nearly make me duck.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics