Klipsch RS-42 Surround Speakers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Klipsch Reference Series loudspeakers are the worlds most sought after home entertainment products. These highly sophisticated speakers utilize advanced technologies and world-class materials to deliver astounding results. Experience all of the power, detail, and emotion of cinematic spectacles and live concert performances. Your home theatre should take you places, but with the wrong surrounds, you won? t be going anywhere. Take advantage of the wide dispersion, ear-pleasing sound you can get from the Klipsch Reference series RS-42 II surround speakers to give you home theatre audio that will take you into the action. Dual 1? Tractrix horn-driven titanium tweeters, and a pair of 4? Cerametallic woofers give you clean, emotional, distortion-free surround sound. Klipsch? s Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) allows you flexibility in where you mount your surround speakers, while still providing room-filling audio that sounds good no matter where you sit.

Submitted by kcramer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
Reviewing these speakers is actually more difficult than I thought it would be because I've never heard anything but test signals and surround tracks on them. Since I've never auditioned them as "mains" I'm afraid my review will be sparse.

AWEEE those suble details in my soundtracks ARE THERE NOW! One thing I've always loved about Klipsch was their abiliy to accurately play back the quiet parts AS WELL AS the loud parts. All those little quiet things like whispers, or wind blowing, or the scary sounds they put in horror flicks; I can hear ALL OF IT now, WAY MORE SO than the speakers I was using before.

I'm also impressed at how localized the sound is. Sometimes I hear things above me, sometimes they're next to me, sometimes behind me. It must be that "WDST" design. I though it was kind of a gimmick at first but the effect it makes is astonishing. AND because of that design, I was free to put the surrounds literally anywhere. Placement couldn't have been easier.

The sound from these speakers reminds me of my center channel (Klipsch RC-52). There is a really natural sounding "throat" to these surrounds. And the horns don't overpower the woofers at all. They're matched very well and give the sound a nice PUNCH without too much midrange or upper mid bass. I'm very happy!!!!

Purchased At:   Employee Accommodati