Klipsch KSF-S5 Surround Speakers

4.36/5 (11 Reviews)

Wide-Dispersion Surround™ Speakers

Submitted by 8watt300b a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought these slightly used off ebay for $250 plus another $75 for shipping. I have been using them with Klipsch RF-82's and and RC-62. They sound great are efficient like you would expect any Klipsch to be and have served their purpose until now. I have gotten into more Audio DVD's and it is only know that I can tell the tonal difference between the Reference and Synergy lines. The KSF-S5's are great surround speakers for any home theater. Don't let anyone tell you that the rears aren't important.....they are very much so and these would serve 95% of above average to high end surround systems beautifully.

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
These rear surrounds are extremely efficient. I had to turn the rear level down slightly on my A/V receiver so they did not over run my mains. The detail and clarity of these speakers matches others I have listened to at twice the price. The speakers handle a pretty wide range of music and movies with beautiful reproduction. The bass is surprisingly strong considering their size and the highs, well; those horns can really belt it out. I highly recommend these to anyone considering purchasing them.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Frank Petersen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I do not like the sound of these surrounds. They do not match my klf 10's at all. They are not nearly efficient enough. I can't even hear them in Dolby Digital ! They are a little far away, cause my living room is rectangular in shape but , I should be able to hear them. On my setup with my receiver I have them maxed out and my center and fronts turned way down

Purchased At:   GG

Submitted by Ross Petericks a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got mine a couple of months ago at Ubid for $147 each (almost $340 total with thier inflated shipping and handling and taxes). This was still $50 less than I found them anywhere else.

Very compact but you wouldn't guess it by the sound that comes out of them. I hooked them up as regular front speakers first just to get an idea of what they were capable of and I was very surprised. The mid and high range was on par with my Klipsch Forte II's, while the bass was very excellent down to about 80 Hz, where it rolled off.

As surrounds they diffuse the sound just enough to hide exact location while maintaining the sounds true position.

These are really great speakers for the price!

Unfortunately I've been trying to buy another pair but U bid sold out about a month ago.

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these for $107/speaker from UBid. After using them for a while, all I can say is "WOW"! These are great speakers and the awards that they've earned were just deserved. I was never really happy with the bipolars that I was using for surrounds. They were good for Dolby Pro-Logic but just didn't sound right for Dolby Digital and DTS. The KSF-S5 speakers blend seamlessly with the rest of my Klipsch speakers to create an awesome sound.