Kenwood KVS 64 Surround Speakers

• Acoustic Suspension Enclosure
  • Bipolar Configuration
  • Dipolar Configuration
  • Power Handling: 60 Watts
  • Tweeter: 1/2" Titanium Dome (2)
  • Wall Hangable
  • Woofer: 4-1/2" (2)

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by KT Hackshaw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
    For the price you cannot go wrong. I snagged 4 of these for $100 at UBID and I haven't regretted it at all. I painted them to match my living room (even the grilles) and use them as my rear and side surrounds in a 7.1 system. They sound awesome for DTS-ES movies and listening to Norah Jones in 7-channel stereo is incredible to say the least.
    I'm not an audio fanatic by any means, but I really do think you would be hard pressed to find anything at 2-3 times the price that compares to these. To those who say they can't handle bsaa-hat's what a sub is for, duh!

Purchased At:   UBID

Submitted by bionicjay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I cannot believe my ears, I'm on tight budget and wanted to spend as little as possible (for now) to add rear channels to my system. Great bang for the buck, these puppies sound great on 6ch stereo on my reciever.

Purchased At:   Golden Electronics

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
    These are great speakers for the price. I am using them as rear surround speakers in a 7.1 setup. They do exactly what they are supposed to do...fill in rear sound. For the price you cannot go wrong. I do not know how they would do as surround speakers in a 5.1 setup. Easy installation, and nice look.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Byran Sears a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
    These speakers are excellent for 29.00 each.

As for sound, they work great for a beginning surround speaker. They don't back much bass at all, but thats what the sub is for. They sound much better than the surrounds that normally come with cheap surround speaker combo sets (which is all I have to compare it too). I can push almost 100 watts to them before I hear any distortion. These don't pack near the punch that the mains do, but they are excellent if you don't have much space for big speakers as surrounds. The are really good for circle surround while playing music and they spread out the sound fairly well during movies too.

They look great (after you take off those ugly off-white speaker covers). They're excellent choices if you need something to place directly behind your head (for example if your sofa is placed against a wall). I really don't see much use for these if you don't have this kind of set up. For the price these speakers are definitly worth the investment.

My system:

1 Velodyne CHT 12

Purchased At:   UBID

Submitted by Chad Robbins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I too could not pass these up on ubid for 39.00 a piece. I kind of was going on a limb getting Kenwood speakers because quite honestly, they dont make the best speakers period. I was very please when I took these out of the package beacuse I figured they would be made out of cheaper material and boy was I wrong. Hopefully my main Klipsch speakers and center will not overpower these surrounds, but then again for 100.00 who cares. These sound far from the matching surround for my mains rs-3 but they cost 365.00 a pair. I will be sending 100 watts a piece to them and see how they hold up.

Purchased At:   ubid.com