Energy Speaker Systems RVSS Surround Speakers

Dipole/Bipole Surround Speakers

Submitted by WaltTanner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have to agree that these speakers are great. Never had a pair of surrounds before, did not think they would make much difference,but boy was I wrong. It makes watching movies much better. I had Cerwin vega then Energy direct firing bookshelves before the surrounds.

Purchased At:   Energy Clearance Web

Submitted by Andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've owned two sets of these over the years and love them. Set up properly these will give all the direct cues 'normal' speakers can but still envelope you with fantastic surround sound.

Submitted by C MP a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love these. I have never had bipole/dipole speakers until now and it makes a huge difference. I have energy
c-4's in the front, ac-300 center, and and energy 10 in. sub. I compared to other bi/dipoles and thought the energy sounded the best. They had good bass compared to the others and just sounded better. And of course they matched my other energy products well. The sound is so much better than front firing speakers, not because their is anything wrong with front firing but you can hear the source, but with these the speakers do not aim at your ear and the sound envelopes you. Great product.

Submitted by Harry a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
WOW. I had a pair of small EPI 4" 2-way speakers in the rear, and they sounded OK, but I thought I could do better now that I had upgraded to Dolby Digital with the HK AVR75 (dynamite receiver). I have a pair of Infinity Reference Studion Monitors in the front (12" 3-way, EMIT tweaters, Acoustic Suspension) with a makeshift center channel (2 Koss Dyna-Mites in Parallel -- Each has a 3/4"dome tweater flanked by 2 4.5" woofers -- very good!). No subwoofer (couldn't find one under $500 that outdid the 12"ers in the Infinity). Shopped around evaluating surround speakers from Infinity, Tannoy, Polk, BA, Klipsh, B&W, and Energy. The Energy eXL surrounds were good, but the RVSS's kicked butt. Very musical, superb midrange, slightly bright, and very acceptable bass for surrounds (sound best set in large mode). The difference in the system is night and day for movies, and a definite improvement for music. I don't have DTS yet, but evaluated them with DTS and was very impressed there, too. These are a best buy for any decent system where space is a consideration or wall-hanging speakers are preferred.

Submitted by anders a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
just bought the RVSS for my second pair surround speaker for my denon 5700...they sounds great. then my home theatre system are complete now