Bose AM102 Surround Speakers

3.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

Bose Home Theater Speaker System- AM102WH/ 5 Magnetically Shielded Mini Dual Cube Speakers/ Accoustimass Dual Woofer/

Submitted by slayer44266 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
all and all I think that bang for your buck this is the best system your going to get I paid $899 for mine i have a harmon kardon avr354 powering them and mine does have a powered sub and for the drivers only being 5.75in and there being 2 of them im getting deep couch vibrating bass and now music the bass gets alittle drowned out because of the screaming cubes this system is loud. and movies is where it shines . i said that it was loud my reciver goes from -90 to +10 and i love loud music you cant go past -10 it is just to much.

worth every penny.

Guy

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Frogman11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
To all that are thinking that Bose are the best, or even think that they make a good system or speaker. Please believe me when I say the lifestyle system is garbage. The speakers are very inadequate. I was suckered by name brand and hip. If I did my research I would of discovered that bose makes junk and doesn't back up there product. I have spent 100s trying to get this system to sound good. I have hired experts to see if I was doing somthing wrong. I have it set up correct since day 1. Its just that Bose makes a bad product. Bose is a low end quality product. That has a purpose in the low end market and should sell for $100 for the entire system. If anyone disagrees e-mail me and I will sell my system for a fraction of what I paid for it. I would actually give them 0 stars. But 1 was as low as they will go

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by ru2legit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
The speakers produce clear/crisp sound and are easy to setup in a room of any size. The problem is with the sub, or rather lack there of. Since it is not a powered sub you will really feel cheated during DVD movies in Dolby Digital or DTS. You should definitely budjet an additional sub when you buy this system and a quality reciever. For music however, I find this system to preform excellently in all respects. Don't get me wrong, I love my system but only with the additional BASS.

Purchased At:   Curcuit city

Submitted by edbo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought mine in 1998 and have had no complaints. Great for low-profile HT use however they do leave you wanting a little more when playing music. Non-powered bass module can be tough to get 'tuned' (I had to turn mine facing the wall corner to get 'decent' bass out of it). I fixed my bass problems with a Velodyne Sub and this system now performs really great. I do believe that you can do much better for the money that you spend on these units and get the best of HT and music audio worlds. But for the space these take up, they are rather impressive and the quality is very good.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by pulp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
You just need a "power"... amplif/receiver and one advice, repalce speakers cabels from amplif. to subwofer.
Great sound.