B&W DS7 Surround Speakers

2-way closed-box selectable dipole/monopole surround system, 6.5" woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange driver, 2 x 4" midrange/high frequency drivers, 1" alloy dome tweeter, 80Hz–22kHz ±3dB, 8 Ohm impedance, 89dB sensitivity, 38lb/pair.

Submitted by Hootz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2016

Bottom Line:
These are some of sweetest and most balanced dipoles I've ever had. They are vey clean and pick up every sound. The price paid for these was 1500.00 for the pair I have them matched
witth the B&W cdm series speakers. All I can say is that I love them!

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2015

Bottom Line:
Ok, so I get to be the first to review these great speakers. Believe it or not I had the amazingly good fortune to have these speakers given to me as a gift along with a pair of B&W 703's, B&W HTM2 center and a B&W ASW 750.

I can really find no downside to these surrounds. They are switchable between dipole and monopole depending on if you want to use them as side surrounds (monopole) or rear surrounds (dipole). For home theater these speakers are superb and while I have read one professional review where they stated that they fell short when being used for multi-channel music listening, I totally disagree. I have listened extensively to several SASD multi-channel tracks and these speakers blend seamlessly with my other speakers, neither adding or de-tracking from the overall experience.

A very, very versatile, well made speaker. A little pricey? ...yes...but that's B&W. If you want quality you have to pay for it (except in my case..lol)

All in all a great entry from B&W