Wharfedale SW150
Description: <ul> <li>Amplifier Power: 150W</li> <li>Input Sensitivity: 250mV / 75W</li> <li>Crossover Frequency: 35Hz - 85Hz</li> <li>Superb integration</li> </ul>

Submitted by CD45 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2008

Bottom Line:
This Sub compliments my Diamond 8's very well. For music it is a very good sub, and that is what I use it for. The sub is not boomy it is very accurate and blends well. I feel that if used in an HT system you would get above average results, but a little less impact due to it's musical nature. The sub is small yet weighs in at near 50 lbs so construction is very good. Wharfedale builds there amps in house for their powered suds, this give them complete quality control and is almost not heard of these days. This a quality product at a great price.

Purchased At:   STO Sound and Vision

Submitted by audio "a" a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have been using this sub for a year. I used it to enhanced the lower frequencies w/c my JM Lab Chorus 705 s speakers are not capable of producing. So mainly my purpose is not for HT. It's for hi fi listening. I listened mostly to audio with hi quality recording. No matter what the genre is, all i want is the characteristic of the sound, especially when the vocals is so up front and detailed. Going back to the sub, to those audiophile luking for subs that would enhance the system for hi fii, I highly recommend this sub. It does perform low frequeincies. The prob is the amp. I dont knw if it reaches 150 RMS of power. Anyway my room is small. Higly recommended.

Purchased At:   Sights and Sounds, M