Velodyne Acoustics VRP-1000 Subwoofers

Combining Best in Class technology with a price that anyone can afford describes the Velodyne Rear Port (VRP) Series subwoofers. By using a low noise, rear port design, the VRP Series subwoofers play louder and go lower than similarly priced products and accurately reproduce the most difficult bass information. The VRP Series consists of the VRP-1000 with a 10" forward firing driver (8.2" piston diameter) and the VRP-1200 with a 12" forward firing driver (9.7" piston diameter). Both are finished in black ash with a stylish hourglass front grille and high gloss black accents. So whether your focus is thunderous reproduction of home theater's challenging special effects, or low, tight dynamic bass that adds that lifelike quality to your music, the VRP Series assures the best performance with extraordinary reliability.

Submitted by tennispunck4 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have not had this thing up past half at about 80Hz and it still blows away anything. This is a perfectly seemless sub that I would put up against anything costing 3-4 times as much!! Velodyne really has their stuff together to pull this off. I live in a smaller apartment and do not have the oppurtunity to turn it up very loud but this thing at half volume will shake the floor and have your neighbors calling you!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by rob_96 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I've been wanting to upgrade my subwoofer for a long time and didn't think I'd be getting one soon because I didn't want to get a cheap one (like my current Magnavox) and I couldn't afford an expensive one. Then I found this open box deal at cc and got the best of both worlds. I mostly use it for movies and it pounds! It's like I have a whole new sound system. The sound is tight, accurate and loud - actually too loud! Now I have to figure out a way to keep my drop ceiling tiles from rattling. If you want subwoofer reference material just listen to the "Tank Tapping" scene in Finding Nemo - sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln! Now I know why Velodyne has been rated #1 in subwoofers since 1983.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by jC! a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Can't believe no one has review these yet (the 1000 or the 1200)
After shopping for several months for subs with a reasonal price, this sub hands down blows away anything I listened to. It's deep, it's punchy, it's acurate, and perfectly compliments my Paradigm Mini Monitors, CC-170, and ADP-100's. It can drop low, lower then any other sub in it's class and can handle a ton of input w/o distortion. Velodyne is known for their subs so it only seems right that they know how to make an awesome budget sub.
It's compact enough to fit anywhere in your system, and the design is beautiful.
Allthough, when removing the sticker attatched to the top of sub when I first took it out of the packaging, it did rip off a small bit of the "finish" from the back...not a big deal as you can't see it..just something to be careful about. And the housing, allthough great looking, is rather thin..though doesn't seem to effect the preformace of the sub too much.

Purchased At:   Circuit City