Velodyne Acoustics FSR-18 Subwoofers

4.55/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $2400.00

Submitted by It's all about the sound a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2013

Bottom Line:
Yes yes. Yes. It's all true. These reviews we share with each other on the FSR-18 Velodyne sub sound like reading comedy script ! The words. No. The ways we use the words in describing the power of this sub is not only funny but quite accurate . Ex.earthshaking. , not only moves the air but also the furniture. , nearly blew holes in the ceiling. , compromises the integrity of the structure. , e t c . I own two of these in flawless piano black and have for years and though I find our script amusing , I also know it to be true a rare find Highly recommended. Ps. U. Won't. Find. A. Better. Sub !!!$

Submitted by beazly a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
IMHO I believe this is one of Velodynes best subwoofers. I own a FSR-15, and a CHT-15, all are excellent in blending with my other speakers, the FSR-18 with it's 1250 watt amplifier and the improved accelerometer, makes this sub. very fast, clear, and ever so deep. It excels in Organ music, in Jazz, in movies, overall, I have no complaints at ALL. I have it plugged directly into the wall, which does not limit the power at ALL. The "hum" others notice, I have NEVER heard in mine. It is dead silent.

The PS Audio PCA-2 with the HCPS is the Pre-amp I use along with the GCA-500 and GCA-250 power amplifiers.

You certainly can pay more for a subwoofer, but I doubt you will find one that can vanish in your listening room, when properly implemented. Quite frankly, this thing is almost scary, when playing certain Movies, that have sudden deep transients. For a 18" driver, I have never heard any sub. stop and start with the speed this baby has. I feel like I "stole" this sub. since I paid under $1000 dollars for it, and nothing in that range can even touch it., I Love Bass, whether acoustic double bass, or electric bass, Like Anthony Jackson, Marcus Miller, Brian Bromberg, Jaco Pastorius.

Dan Berglund, from the "Esbjorn Svenssson Trio" the album "From Gagarin's Point Of View" is a wonderful test for the FSR-18, Dan Berglund uses the bow on the acoustic double bass, and the
sounds he creates will almost make you cry, simply incredible!

The FSR-18 truly can create "seismic" levels of clear bass reproduction, that will test the limits, of the foundation of your home. A true "T-Rex", an instrument capable of crockery, and window, destruction.

Whether the most delicate, passages in music, or the all out bass extremes, this Subwoofer, can, and does it all, without flinching.

Hearing, and "FEELING", is Believing!

I Love Music!

Submitted by schmiday24 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I HAVE 2 FSR-18'S IN MY SYSTEM.I'VE HEARD IT ALL BUT THESE JUST STICK OUT THE MOST IN MY MIND NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO THESE.I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SUB TO ANY AUDIOPHILE.THEIR SIMPILY THE BEST!!!

My system: rxv2092= reciever

Best system if u got somethin better smitty449@yahoo.com tell me

Purchased At:   belden audio

Submitted by Rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have two of these in my system, I am impressed with there ability to drop into the 15hz range. The walls shake the ground rumbles, but I can here no sound. Wow! By farthe best sub I have ever heared. I had a slight problem with video feedback when one of the power cords crossed over the satelite coaxil, the was remedied by relocating the power cord to a different wall outlet.

My system:
Magnepan MG1.6 main speakers
Magnepan MMG rear channel
2 Velodyne FSR18 subs

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Submitted by cando kirby a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
DA TING ROCKS!!!! HAVE HAD IT FOR 3+ YEARS HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY NOISES OUT OF DIS BAD BOY OTHER THAN SOME VERY SOLID BASS CANNOT RATE DIS ONE HIGH ENOUGH SO I"LL GO 5+5 KLIPSCH"S WERE GOOD ,STILL HAVE IN OTHER SYSTEM ,DID NOT LIKE SUNFIRE ,FSR-18 STANDS ALONE OTHERS CAN"T COMPETE © VERY SOLID BUY FOR THE MONEY© MY SYSTEM CINEPRO 3K6II CHIRO C-800 C 5©1DTS 4 KLIPSCH CF-4 EPIC SERIES 2KV-4 CENTER CHANNELS FSR-18 PIONEER 525 DVD DENON 460 CD SHARPVISION 37-VU

Purchased At:   1250©00