Velodyne Acoustics Impact-10
Description: The Impact-10 is a stylish, affordable, high-output, low distortion subwoofer. It features a beautiful cabinet with black gloss lacquer trim that fits easily into your home, while its deep, defined bass brings your favorite movies and music to life. The Impact-10 features a down-firing port for high output and low distortion. <ul> <li>Maximum Dynamic Power Amplification</li> <li>Active 10" Woofer Assembly</li> <li>Down-Firing Port</li> <li>2" Copper-Wound Voice Coils</li> <li>Full Range Crossover</li> </ul>

Submitted by jst a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
I'm a frugal practical audio guy, Hope this helps... I listen 50/50 movies/music. Don't let the 4 rating fool you, I've never heard a 5, because nothing is perfect, that would just be boring and I would have nothing to look forward to. But this impact 10 is close. I really like the impact 10, It's tight musical, and thunderous for movies, sounds exactly like my 14 year old Velodyne VA-810. Velodyne's seem to have pleasing bass tones that I perfer compared to other more expensive gear. Also Velos seem to fall into place and easy to set up with almost any system. I also have the impact 12, and have had other velos to compare. This 10 does every thing that the 12 does, but tigher, and blended into my HT system perfect. Room is 12x20 half opened sides 8 foot ceilings. Its placed in a front corner, and it hits like crazy. No nasty boom, just nice bass tones that accent what ever I play. Chest pounding music, house shaking explosions. In reality I perfer this impact 10 over the 12. The amp power is matched nicely with this box. The 12 on the other had seems like it could use just a tad more. The amps on both looked identical when I open of the cabinets. I could really bore you with tests, but real quick... I the advertised hz on these are higher than the actual as to not compete with higher end models. On the spl meter the impact 10 was decent through the upper 20's..(27-28) and then fell rapidly, and the 12 went down to 25hz(corner loaded) no problem. So if you are 50/50 movies/music Go for the 10. 80/20 movies/music Go for the 12 Bottom line, for the money, and the quality sound... I highly recommend Both.

Product model year:   2008