Totem Acoustic LIGHTNING Subwoofers

• Totem’s Premium “URT Power Cord” included
  • Special (Carbon Fiber-Kevlar) cast frame woofer

Submitted by wilfben1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2011

Bottom Line:
Il ne s'agit pas du sub le plus dévastateur, mais il ajoute une très belle profondeur à mes enceintes Totem Mite. Il ajoute un punch très agréable en musique.

Pour ce qui est du cinéma-maison il n'est sans doute pas assez imposant (autant au niveau de l'intensité que de sa descente en fréquence) pour une grande pièce.

Mais pour un ensemble stéréo dans une petit ou une moyenne pièce le résultat est presque magique.

Submitted by Allan Carver a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
The Totem Lightning subwoofer is an amazingly musical addition to my HT/Music setup.
I wanted something that retained a very musical quality when playing it with 2 channel stereo but also be able to do double duty as a home theater sub. Mission accomplished. If you like a very well refined bass with kick and punchiness then this sub is for you. If you want an earth rumbler look elsewhere. That is not to say the Lightning does not cut it for movies, it does. In my room, about 12' x 14' with 9' high ceilings, it does an excellent job delivering LFE. I believe if your room size was much bigger you might need to move up in size.

What I absolutely love about this subwoofer is it's detail and very quick response. No muddiness that alot of subs have. Simply beautiful resolution of lows and mid-bass with seemingly zero distortion. Sounds very much like a non-ported sub even though it has two small rear ports.

The cabinet is furniture finish and solid. Another note is the lack of external vibrations coming from the cabinet. Place your hand on the cabinet while it's kicking out bass and very little can be felt. Amazing.
The cost might seem higher than many subs in the 8" driver, 200 watt category but it delivers your money's worth in quality. I highly recommend this sub.

lightning strike ... HUS VTF-2 now dead!

a few weeks back my house was struck by lightning. took out security system, phone, and computer moden and nic. my hsu vtf-2 subwoofer was also a casualty. it was the only piece of my ht setup what was not protected by a surge protector. it was kinda working for a few weeks. when i would tr ... Read More »

What do I really need for lightning protection?

Gosh, I dont want to come off like a cheap dude, but I don't really have $550.00 to spend on a Panamax surge protector. :17: I recently bought a APC for my computer system for $150.00 that protects the entire computer systems, printers, monitors and such from lightning, why does a surge protector f ... Read More »

Replacing equipment : Lightning strike

I am in search of a new receiver. I have M&K S150 fronts and center with an M&K MX350 sub. My rears are Paradigm ADP450's. I had a Marantz 7000 but have been looking at a Denon 2805 or 3805 for the replacement. I need a nice receiver in the $800 to $1700 range that will push these speakers and gi ... Read More »