Tannoy MSUB 10 Subwoofers

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Johnny Farm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent sub for the price. Very good performance for music and HT.
Strong and deep bass.Thanks Tannoy ¡¡¡

Purchased At:   audiomarket

Submitted by Rene Bakker a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
Having bought a Marantz SR6200, a set of Tannoy M2 for the front, Tannoy M1 for surround, two MC-centre speakers, I thought the set was complete. Moreover, the appartment in which I try to life has wooden floors, so extra bass is not always an improvement. But I have to admit, especially when watching a DVD at a rather low level, the sub is really an improvement to the set. No cheap ghettoblaster-like chunky, headaching, loadnesslike farting beats, but a strong, powerfull package of extra deap hertzes.
And the neighbours didn't complain...(yet)

Purchased At:   A Better Price - Alk

Submitted by Sander Veen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have to admit that this little subwoofer knocked me over with a hammer. It's low bass is really spacious, even better than the REL. With my Rotel installation, it brings quick bass reflex. It's amazing how such a cheap subwoofer give such high quality bass. Excellent Tannoy!

Submitted by Rory Duncan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
Thought I'd update my review below 10months down the line. It stays on for about 2hours a day now and I can confirm its fully run in and the rubber surround is really soft and supple. There is still a little detectable mains hum, but not as much as there was when new. The standby function is really good. Other than that, I'm afraid to say that my enthusiastic response as below as weathered a bit-the bass can be a bit wallowly, a little boomy, even though its an infinite baffle/closed box design and possibly not even as deep as the £300 Mission 7as1 even though the Tannoy thrashes it in every single other area. I would really only recommend this sub for movies. Its certainly not fast enough for dance music. Oh, and decent interconnects make a difference- I managed to get a hold of some gold plated OFC 5m leads-£15. They're called Procon 13 or something and you can get hold of them from www.bennettsonline.co.uk .Anything above that standard is waste however.
So, in summary, a phenomenaly good value sub as long as its JUST FOR MOVIES. For music, I think you'd have to think Rel q100e....

Purchased At:   Tannoy direct, Glasgow

Submitted by Claude "Rory" Rorabaugh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I found a perfect musical sub woofer. I used the Radio Shack-Tandy-Optimus powered sub for 1/2 year, but it was not accurate or musical.

I shopped for months and looked at everything. It was a tough decision between the Paradigm and Tannoy. Tannoy won out, and it was $100 more expensive.