SVS PB-13 Ultra Subwoofers

The SVS Pb 13 ultra is powered by a 750 watt Bash amp and it has a 13 inch high output woofer. With optional port configuration, the sub can go as low as 10hz. Here are a list of features:
Computer Assisted Design (CAD) enclosure
Front-firing configuration with co-located vents
Distinctive curved perforated magnetic grill
"Stackable" form factor allows easy dual subs
3.5" high-flow flared ports CURVE (TM) tuning
Choice of wood veneers, gloss or textured black
Two grill types, traditional fabric or stylish steel
Selectable Sealed, 20Hz, 15Hz or 10Hz modes
Weight: 155 pounds

Submitted by Robert Perry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
Um Um Um Um, I bought 2 of these, and Im scared of them. They can destroy a foundation! Not even pushing them. This is a sub/s that would give any b4. or 2 (of them) a run for its money. Unreal, I mean I am left UM UM speechless., Cylinders are best for bass, boxes take 2nd stage. These puppies are packed well, and heavy. HINT: use the base packing as their floor stand If you have a hard floor. Works like a charm.

I had multiple issues with a 25-31 pc+, they did everything to try to make it right, sent me another amp for free, I had to return the old one, but same stuff. Bash amp, loose screws/ rattling.. Irritating. I had to fix it myself, I did. What that music box can do is amazing, but what these 2 ultras can do, just makes that old sub seem like a 4" midrange. WAF IS BAD, REAL BAD! They can tear a house apart, doors opening by themselves, heck my concrete basement where there at, If I close the door to the basement the paint must melt to itself, I have to basically kick the door open. This is the programmable sub that velodyne and the rest waive there hats at. They are true majic, no amount of words could ever discribe, EVER!!!!

Consecutive serial numbers built by pros. I think on one song I hit 140+db upstairs, no hearing it, just cant see straight, kinda like being at the starting line of a top fuel event. But LOW and LOUD! Between frequency response to tunability, unmatched in the audio world. History REWRITTEN! Jaw dropping speechless, all of it. the PERFECT SUB, ever CREATED!!! Thanks SVS! OMG!!!

Submitted by JeffMackwood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I use the PB13-Ultra in my main theatre, in concert with four other powered subs. Those other subs deal with bass-managed signals from the front, side, and rear speakers (below 40Hz) while the SVS was introduced into the system as the dedicated handler of all LFE signals - including the .1 signals in multichannel SACD.

Regardless of the material and the output level the SVS has never been strained by anything thrown at it. In a one-port-plugged configuartion it easily reproduces the lowest frequencies available on any recording or soundtrack - at very high levels (matched to the mains' output; I prefer flat response across the entire spectrum rather than "jacked" bass.)

Other than the plugging of one port, I make use of none of the myriad features that it presents. Just connect a line levels LFE signal to it, calibrate for level, and enjoy. But if you have the need, its feature set should allow you to fit it into just about any set-up just as smoothly.

It compares extremely well to anything in its price range - and beyond. However it's not cheap, and it's certainly not compact; two characteristics that will limit its appeal. But if it falls within your budget, and you have the space to accommodate it, I highly recommend it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by 240RMS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
Best bang for your buck. I use it for 90% music with my classic sansui 9090. I have never heard of another subwoofer that sounds great for both music and movies. It blends perfectly with my paradigm studio 60s. It sounds very tight and not too boomy for music. It can literally shake the house to the point that a picture fell off the wall. I didn't believe this either until I got it. It is huge and sounds perfect. I have reached a point that I am actually happy with the bass. It sounds linear all the way down and there are no overemphasized frequencies.
I have always been a bass nut, and I can't even believe I was thinking of ordering two. You will not need it. Beautiful finish (rosewood that you will not want to hide in the corner), solid double boxed packing job.
I purchased mine through sonicboomaudio.com and the rep (Mason) actually even threw in 50 feet of speaker wire as a bonus. They had great communication and there were no surprises. This sub slays the paradigm servo 15, no question. Even though, the paradigm is rated at a higher wattage, this thing is insane. More options than you will need on the amp (high pass or filtered rca's that you can even run back into your stereo amp, gain, crossover, fine tune specific frequencies Q, xlr in/out, room compensation etc.).
Don't just think about it, do it, and you won't regret it.

Product model year:   2008