SVS Model 16-46PC Subwoofers

o 190 watts RMS o 16 Hz tuning point o +/- 3 dB 16 Hz-80 Hz o 46" tall Price includes shipping.

Submitted by Kburk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I learned of the SVS Subwoofers from various Home Theater web sites...most notably the Home theater Spot. You cant buy these subs at your local dealer..ya only get em online from SVS. This sub goes low...it gets all the available LFE content on 5.1 DVD movies and is also very tight and musical. It is unobtrusive
and does not over emphasize anything. Its
a fun sub capable of rocking your house with tactile sensation. Easy to set up and
if you want to....you can make a valiant effort at ripping the wallpaper off the walls as a result of waves of deep tight LFE moving through your living room. If you like to enjoy DVD movies in all of their true glory just as the makers want you too then you need a sub capable of getting all the bass there is to be found.
The SVS 16/46PC has a 16 HZ tuning point and is designed to capture all the bass. Based on expert reviews posted at their web site and from many reviews from regular folks at the AVS forum and the Home theater Spot I can assure anyone who is contemplating the purchase of a sub to complement their theater setup to check out SVS. Lots of bang for the buck and quality and customer support.

Purchased At:   SVS Subwoofers

Submitted by Jonathan Dent a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
First trial run: Toy Story 2 opening. WOW. following runs: U-571, Jurassic Park, bass heavy music. Every test was amazing. Worth every penny. For a sub this *relatively* low in cost and unassuming in design, it's a friggin monster. Couch rattles and shakes and small items are not safe (like the kleenex box on the TV). My room adds a few nasty bumps, but it's easy enough to tell that the 16-46 PC is putting out the lowest (and loudest) bass I've heard in my HT. Still holding out on the big stress tests (The Phantom Menace, Titan A.E. and The Haunting) for later, but if those movies perform as well as the others, I'm not leaving my house for the next week. Very nice job, SVS.

Purchased At:   svsubwoofers.com

Submitted by The True Reviewer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
What i have to say about this sub will make you want to buy it :) SO PLEASE READ

This sub is TRULEY AMAZING!!
The bass output is also AMAZING!! same with the low end.
I first played Gone in 60 seconds which is a great movie for testing out your sub ( flip to the main car chase scene)
When playing the main car chase scene i was AMAZED at this sub for what it can do.
I first played the scene at low levels on the sub so far so good the BOOM it hit me for the first time that low end 20hz energy surrounded my theater room with the most clean deep bass i had ever heard i could relly FEEL the bass for the first time ( and that was with the sub at low volumes ) no more need for a second velodyne ct-120 behind the seat i could place the SVS 15 feet away from me in the corner and you could relly feel it.
Now it was time for the high output stuff so i waited a few days intell my parents went out for dinner ( hey i'm only 18 years old ) finaly they left waited 10 mins to make sure they werent coming back YES!!! :) poped in Titan A.E turned the sub up relly loud got some popcorn turn the lights down pressed play on the cheap $250 dvd player and i was set.
Here we go first heavy bass scene.....HOLY SH*T... WOOOW i could feel it in my stomach it was LOUD and so deep & clean i was stunned so i played that same scene again WOOOOOOOW..
I said screw watching the hole movie i quickly changed it to
chapter 16 ( THE ICE FIELDS ) WOW HOLY CRAP OOHHHHHHHH MY GOD i had never felt anything like that before my pants were even vibrating i quickly called up my friend who is a owner of a Klipsch KSW-10.
30 mins have gone by since i called him then the door knocks YES time to show it off he comes in with a big smile on his face and says "HOLY CRAP MAN I HEARD THAT THING FROM OVER 8 HOUSES DOWN & WHEN I GOT DOWN THE THE SECOND HOUSE I COULD FEEL IT" with a big smile on his face :).
So i show him the sub and he goes that thing looks weird & it's HUGE he quickly says play a movie play a movie ok so i did threw my small dvd collection & pick out Toy Story 2 just for the intro press play and again from the both of us " HOLY SH*T MOTHER FUC*ER MANNN 'O' MAN NOW THATS WHAT I CALL BASS" Ohhhhhh cr*p head lights from my parents 1997 Chevy full size pick up truck :( quickly i run & turn down the volume and sit nicly with my friend :) hi mom hi dad they say hi so they go up stairs and i hear my dad yelling "TOM" and i say ohhhhhh crap i come upstairs and there is a huge mess of plant soil , broken plant holders and a tipped over lamp and he says how loud did you have your new speaker going and i just say i was just testing in a girlish voice so my friend goes home & i have to clean up the mess:( but hey i have a new SVS to play around with.
And thats my story.
Hope you enjoyed.
Sorry for the bad english

Purchased At:   Where else but www.svsubwoofers.com

Submitted by Derrik Draven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
SV Subwoofers mantra pretty much sums it up: "The best subwoofer for the money".

I can't remember the e-x-a-c-t amount I paid for it but, it was near $850.

That gets you a sub that's handmade with strict quality control, is able to go down to 9hz anachoic, and able to do that with some serious db's behind it. Not like the "oh so typical" sub that advertises low freqs but, can make a barely audible sound at the lower extremes. Not so with SVS.

Purchased At:   www.svsubwoofers.com

Submitted by Jeff Aguilar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
After reading the reviews on Hometheaterforum.com I caught the upgrade bug. I was totally satified with my current sub, I just wanted to try something new.

After showing my wife pictures of the subs from others who are in the forum, especially RAF's theater. My wife reluctanly let me order a pair of subs. We were having a new house built for us and I showed her how I wanted the Family Room as my Theater area.

I ordered the subs when the lead time to get any of their "powered" products was three months. That was ok with me because we were inbetween homes. My subs were to arrive just in time for us to move into the new home. Well, if you have ever had a home built for you, you know that they are NEVER on time. I ended up leaving them at a friends home for a month before we moved into the new home. Now he also ownds a SVS sub!!! I thought I could try one sub in the condo we were renting. Man, was that I mistake! After just 30 minutes of Gladiator, I got a call from the manager to turn it down. I am so glad that I live in a house!!!

My intial reactions when setting up the subs:

1. My wife was pleasantly surprised by the presence and looks of the subwoofers. MANY of HER friends have commented on the looks of the subs. They are a hit according to the WAF.

2. Music: I can honestly say that I did not know what I was missing! I was so use to boomy bass. It took me a little while to get use to the ACCURATE, CLEAN bass that these put out. For the first two to three weeks we listened to all of our CD's again. They are so fast at reproducing the bass notes. We actually heard many things in our music that we did not know were there. These subs blend in so well with our speakers. We are running Energy Veritas speakers.

3. I have never felt bass before in my Home Theater. The sound that these subs emit is truely incredible! Again, as in the music description, we were missing SO much in the LFE department. It is truely amazing how these sound. It is NEVER distorted or muddy. It goes from completely silent to shaking your world in an instant and then stops that quickly. My wife has commented many times as to how fast the bass stops when it is suppose to.

In conclusion, these subs are the best value I have ever invested in as far as Home Theater is concerned. I would recommend these to anybody. You honestly do not know what you are missing until you get a pair or even one of these.

Jeff Aguilar