SVS B12-Plus/4 Subwoofers

The SVS B12-Plus/4 is the most finely constructed home theater and music subwoofer.With multiple port tuning, high efficiency and furniture-grade craftsmanship from our Ohio cabinet shop, this is the sub all others aspire to.

Submitted by javry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I liked this subwoofer so much that I bought 2 of them. I don't think I'll need ay extra wwofing in my system for quite awhile.

Purchased At:   From Factory

Submitted by javry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was at CEDIA this last September and saw demonstration with a pair of Contras using the last battle scene from U-571. They had the Contras located at the front of the room firing straight at the listener. Needless to say, I was very impressed with their performance.

When I got home, I decided to see if my B4s could do the same thing so I moved them from the back of the room to the front, loaded up the same scene from U-571, cranked the gain of my Theta CBII up to match what I thought was the SPL of the Contras.....and WOW!!! The walls were visibly vibrating, my chair was shaking, and my ears were overloading. I darned near got a headache from all the low frequency effects.

Since I live in a townhouse, I never get to crank the system up like I would like. In fact, halfway through the scene, the doorbell rang. It was my neighbor asking me to turn it down. He said they could feel it all the way out on their back patio. Of course, I complied with my neighbor....but not before giving myself a major hi-five!

Equipment
*Sim2 HT-300 Plus Projector

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by gdsk39a a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
I just purchased and received 2 SVS-B4 plus monstor subwoofers. I am using two Carver Siver 9's to run the subwoofers. In addition I have two Sunfire Signature Subwoofers. My home theater room is large. I can say with these 4 subwoofers i get an ejaculation of low frequencies that is unparalled. Walls shake, pictures fall from the walls upstairs, crystals fall from cabinets, and wife has threatened divorce. Movies like Lords of the ring in DTS ES have such a dynamic impact that my coach shakes and my cats scram from the home theater room. The SVS B4 Plus and the Sunfire Signature subs tryly compliment each corner of the home theater room.

I have a 9.1 system setup with two Polk SDA SRS speakers, and 6 Axiom M80's for surrounds along with two center channels. Main AMP is a sunfire signature 5 channel, I also use a two Yamaha m-80 amps to drive all speakers. The main control Center is the Sunfire theater III.

Submitted by Pesho a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
What a ground shaking bass!!!
Buy that SVS.You are not going to take a wrong decision.

Submitted by gregk111 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
After moving into a larger home I was able to convince my wife that I needed to upgrade from my SVS dual CS+'s to the B4+. I sold the CS's on ebay for about 75% of what I paid for them after using them for 2 years. I bought the unfinished B4+ which saved me $500. It arrived in a huge crate about a week after ordering it. I poped open the crate and found the B4, perfectely finished in maple, you can tell that it really is a quality product. I spent a couple of days matching my LaScalas with a Golden Oak stain and then finally got some help and moved it inside (it weighs about 300 pounds). I had picked up a Crown K2 on ebay for about $950, so after a few minutes of hook up and caibration with my Denon AVR 4802, I was ready to go. I started off with the Toy Story 2 intro because my CS+'s sometimes had a tough time with the fly over- the B4 was unfased, in fact it was so clear and LOUD it startled me. Bottom line- this thing is incredible, it moves aHUGE amount of air from the 4 ports and the side port. I had to move it out of the corner because I could hear the walls creaking too much. I also had to reinforce all the pictures that were hung in the house after a few of them fell off. Sometimes my wife will walk in when I'm watching a movie or listening to a concert and ask me if I know that "the whole house is shaking". I do enjoy it loud but it sounds great at normal and low volume also. I have no complaints about the B4,it is awesome.

Price Paid:    $1999.00