SVS 25-31PC-Plus Subwoofers

4.92/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $775.00

525 watt RMS BASH amplifier 25 Hz tuning point (variable to 20, 16Hz) +/- 3 dB 20 Hz-100 Hz 31" tall, 16" in diameter

Submitted by Harold Hodges a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have carpeted floors and I wanted bass that you could "feel" and this sub did just that. It sounded great for music or movies. The owners are just wonderful people to deal with. You will not find better. My driver blew out the first day. I eventually "operated" and found that there was a flaw in the attachment of the driver to the frame. In just a few days I received a replacement. Easy to install. I have enjoyed wonderful bass since. (six years)

Submitted by Rob Woods a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've not had the pleasure of listening to the most expensive subs on the planet, however, I can't imagine them sounding significantly better than this model. Bass is extremely tight and well damped...close in time low, discrete 25 Hz notes are reproduced as intended, with no lingering note interference caused by inadequate damping.

Don't expect much above 70 Hz from this one though, cause you aren't getting it here. It's a subwoofer, not meant to produce bass notes best left to 8inch or smaller drivers. Your mains will be required to do that,with considerable volume capability to keep up with this one.

Purchased At:   SVS Online

Submitted by the1sen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
where to begin... Ok, well, first off, I would like to thank Ron and Tom and the rest of the crew at SVS for putting reality into the "hype". This unit was shipped with care, built with care, and it shows in every aspect.

After going through any part of the Bass demos suggested, or any of my own favorite musical pieces, this sub has BLOWN ME AWAY. I am running 2 Paradigm Studio 100 v.3's in conjunction with the 25-31PC Plus. words like, "WOW", "DAMN", and "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???" have been uttered from my wife and myself on SEVERAL occasions, both in Music listening and movie sessions.

Customer Service: other companies, TAKE NOTE. SVS has been 100% helpful, prompt, and courteous. I can't say enough good things about their brand of service.

The goods: I demoed a Paradigm PW-2200, a very respectable, well made unit. simply put, the SVS and the Paradigm are not even in the same class. Kudos to SVS for really bringing the goods to my home!

Purchased At:   SVS

Submitted by Firest0rms a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
Over the last few years I have been steadily building my home theater, I am dedicated to it and do not plan to do any thing half assed (funds permitting). This being said I only just graduated from college and have never owned a dedicated home theater sub. Until now. This is by far one of the best purchases I have made to date! It packs a very serious punch! It is not perfect however, maybe I'm a little extreme or crazy but sometimes I feel it is not loud enough to justify the $800. I have managed to bottom out the driver on several different occasions. Don’t get me wrong! It produces some very extreme bass at very low frequencies, for a reasonable price! It blends well with my setup once it is calibrated right, which is what I want, but I also want to be able to push the bass to the point where I can't stand it and have to turn it down, which I can't really do here, I guess I'm asking for to much from a $800 sub. I suppose I’m the kind of person that should have saved some more and got a pair of PB12-Ultra/2's.

Pioneer Elite VSX-39TX
SVS 25-31 PC-Plus Sub

Purchased At:   SVS online

Submitted by TFADMIN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am coming up on my second anniversary with my friend, the SVS 25-31 PC+. My room measures 17 X 17 X 9 with a hallway connected and an adjacent room of about 400 Square Feet.

I replaced an HSU VTF-2, which was ok, but lacked the oomph I needed in my room, the SVS made the VTF-2 sound like a mouse squeal! There was a world of difference in the overall low end soundstage!

I am still impressed with this sub just as the first day I unpacked it and set it up. I love how it pressurizes my room and rattles the dishes in the kitchen.

I have been in Home Theater a little over 8 years now and I can say that this was simply the best purchase I made. Dollar for dollar, this sub absolutely makes my home theater great.

SVS is apparently working on surround speakers to match with their wonderful subs, I cannot wait! There's simply not much more to be said that you can't read in hundreds of other reviews about the company and it's products, SVS is THE BEST Sub for Home Theater period!

Purchased At:   SVS Online

Garrard SP 25 MK III cartridge question

Hi, I am new to this forum. I just bought a Garrard SP 25 MK III turn table with a Solarvox receiver. This is my first turntable! It looks fabulous and quite cheap, succumbing to the temptation I break open my piggy bank and bought it home. However after I bring it home, I realised that there are so ... Read More »

Anyone need this gizmo? It's $25, down from over $300!!

[url=http://www.amazon.com/LG-ANWL100W-Digital-Streamer-Compatible/dp/B003I6718M/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1355406944&s=merchant&sr=1-49]Amazon.com: LG ANWL100W Digital Device 1080P Media Streamer[Compatible with 2010 LG TVs: Warehouse Deals[/url] I'm looking for an audio version of ... Read More »

OLED TV Update: Sony Debuts Pro 17" and 25" Monitors

The fits and starts with OLED have been frustrating for anyone looking beyond the limitations of today's plasma and LCD options. A promising technology that can purportedly overcome these obstacles, OLED has yet to gain any sort of foothold in the TV market, despite the demo units wowing the crowds ... Read More »

Arcade Fire & The National in Chicago, 4/25... pre-sale info?

Anybody know how to qualify for AF pre-sale tickets? They just added a show this April in Chicago, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how get on-board with their fan club or whatever it is I need to do. My wife saw this on Facebook: Chicago date added! 4/25 @ UIC Pavilion with The National. ... Read More »

Bargain Alert: $25 iTunes cards for $20 at Michael's

It's not often that you see discounts on iTunes cards. Most of the current deals on iTunes cards already came and went on Black Friday, but Michael's (the arts and crafts store) has had this special running since mid-November. It just is what it is -- buy a $25 iTunes card for $20. The specia ... Read More »