Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ Subwoofers

• Crossover points variable from 30 Hz to 100 Hz
  • Input level (volume) control

Submitted by keelue a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have had this sub for about five months. First I must say, I have a large listening area with vaulted ceilings that is open to two hallways and a kitchen. It's a hard to room to fill with bass. Placement of this sub was difficult, I tried all the recommended positions, switched my room around, raised the sub, etc, etc. The mic and auto eq are nifty, and produce good results. But it was very hard to integrate with my system. The bass either seemed way too boomy, or it would drop out around 30hz. I previously had a Velodyne CHT 15 and liked the sound of that better. Home theater is a different story, maybe because of the boom this sub rocks with movies. The walls shake, and things rattle that didn't with my old sub. With music sometimes it seemed as though I could feel more bass than I could hear. I would bet in a regular sized room this sub would be all you would need and could find better integration. But honestly I expected a bit more for the retail price. Unsatisfied with it, I plan on getting a Paradigm Servo 15.

Purchased At:   Online