Snell Acoustics PS.10 Subwoofers

10 inch sub

Submitted by Jeffrey Jue a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I found this gem at Hudson's Salvage Center with a few dings, but since it was going behind my sofa in the corner, I'd figure that it'll good enough. When I hooked it up, I forgot to turn down the gain on the sub and the gain on the receiver's subwoofer channel, and can I say WOW! This thing is clean and was shaking stuff off the walls and off the fireplace mantle. Once I finally tuned it right, it definitely kept everything smooth. It will thump if I want it to thump, or it will play as smooth and as clean as can be on even the most sensitive music. I eventually turned the speaker size setting on my Marantz SR-780 receiver for the main speakers to small to let more of the bass run through the subwoofer because the JBL HLS 810 speakers just don't produce the quantity and quality of mid-bass that I want, and the PS.10 is can do it cleanly, allowing my receiver to have more power to deliver the rest of the frequency range to the rest of the speakers. (I need to sell these speakers.) This is definitely a much better than some of the $300-500 subs that I was originally looking at.

Purchased At:   Hudson's Salvage Cen

Submitted by Bob Lewis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have two of these 10" subs in my Snell XA75 speakers and cant say enough about them. I dont of course use them in the corner as they are the bass units in my speakers. The two subs can over power my room(12x16) so restrant is needed in their use. The XA75's are rated very high in the audiophile world and they couldnt do that if the sub wasnt very good with music. Check around and u can find a dealer who will deal with u on price. I e-mailed Snell and they emailed a dealer directory back so I could deal on price as they are no longer carried in my area.

Purchased At:   Hi Fi Buys of Nashville

Submitted by Trance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very musicaly accurate. the crossover is designed to match your speakers bass frequency so the speaker and sub dont cancel eachother out. there is a heatsink in the front in the middle of the woofer so if any damaging heat from the voice coils is produced it is vented out the heatsink. this is one of the best 10 inch subs i have ever herd, very powerful. accurate, dynamic.

Submitted by holmejr a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
Snell PS.10 300w SubI auditioned the sub mated w/ Snell E.5's. This is a great combination.
I found this sub to be very tight. Listening to RTF's Romantic Warrior and S Clarks School days on CD, every note was distinct and clear. It was almost impossible for me to tell where the E's left off and the PS10 started..very seamless.
The construction was very good (as w/ most Snell products). Dual ported in a compact enclosure.