PSB Speakers Stratus Subsonic 7 Subwoofers

4.6/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $949.00

The SubSonic 7 begins with a 15-inch, 46-ounce magnet woofer that is driven by a tremendously powerful (330W continuous/600W dynamic/1200 watts dynamic peak) amplifier.

Submitted by Ernesto Reyes Jr. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I got this wonderful sub for a few months now. It's main use is for Home theater and 2 channel audio as well. I also run 2 optical cables for my SACD and Dish network receiver. My listening room is fairly small at 15x15 feet. You need to experiment on placement a lot to get the desired output. The sub is to the left of my tower speaker fairly close to the wall. This location yields deep and accurate bass. I currently have volume level set at 8 and crossover set at 65 hz. Perfect blend to my main speakers. Your crossover settings will depend on the type of main speakers you are using. I have selected a few dvd's to test it's output, sound quality and impact. One of them is entitled " The Recruit" DTS encoded and "The Matrix" reloaded. This sub absolutely knocks with authority! It will shake the whole foundation of your house! Stunning! For 2 channel i shut off all the surrounds and only use mains and sub. It sounds just as good stereo mode very tight,musical impact. If you are on a budget and want the best equipment go ahead and give this a serious audition! You will be glad you did.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Jeff Alexander a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
Just purchased Psb Stratus subsonic 7 and very happy. Wish it was a little prettier but what a deep distotion free smooth sound. Replacing a Axiom EP350 that was junk. Chuffs and rattles that made my decision to purchase a new sub easy. Looked @ the Paradigm Ps2100 and Pw1000 but felt that for the dollar the PSB was more musical and just as quick as the Paradigm. Amazing detail in the musical end that I thought a 15" driver would not have. Can hear the bass drum and the bass for the first time like in Nirvana's Smells like team spirit that I never heard before. Very happy if only the cosmetics were better. May take cheap black laminate wood top plate and replace with a piece of maple or beech

Purchased At:   ALLIED TV

Submitted by Torben a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
The best addition to my system in the past year. Previously I had two PSB 10" Alpha subs, but this single 15", with x-over set to around 50 Hz sounds fab. Using the sub's x-over, rather than the one in my home theater amp greatly improves the sound of the mid & hi's on the main speakers. So - a sub that not only improved the bass, but mid/hi's as well!

I'm proud to say that after a year in my apartment I finally got my first noise complaints with this product. No wonder - I can hear low notes on my CD's I never knew existed with this product. And with the way bass carries thru air, I'm sure my neighbors can too!

Purchased At:   Great Metropolitian

Submitted by lint face a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
The box of this sub bites hard.if u want a nice bx go get the pw2200 frm paradigm. I highly recomend that sub fr the price. U see my sis works at a&b so i got this sub fr 800 canadian. I made a box tht in my opinion looks better thn the paradigm, but looks pretty much the same. 6" port by 16", 3rd order, and i hv put alluminium arnd cornrs. and stuufed it, hs a dark formica cherry finish. and looks awsome. This has improved the subs quallity about 50%. so in my opinion is better thn the paradigm sub.
if these changes r not made go fr the paardigm. The box really wieghs this sub down.
psb has amazing technology. the sub it self is extreamly light, with good sound, they hv good speaks too. but need to work on design very much so.u cant hv one with out the other. I am very satisfyed with my sub now that it is not crying to me. sounds AMMMMAzing NOW. IN my advice do what i did if u hv a lot of building experience. Ur design hs to technical. it cant be just a box.if u hv any questions email me. i can be very helpfull, stereo's r my feild.so with my situation i would give this sub all fives but some wont be as fortunate so i will rate it the way it used to sound

Purchased At:   a&b sound

Submitted by Travis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best sub for the price range; it won AudioVideo's Hi-Fi Grand Prix award. It has no trouble rattling stuff on desks on the next floor of my dorm, and sounds great in home theatre. I also have a pair of image 6T's and 500i's, which go well with this sub.

Purchased At:   a&b sound, vancouver