Proficient PS12 Subwoofers

Auto Power via Signal Sensing
Dimensions (HxWxD): 17 x 14 x 17-13/16

Submitted by jessechu a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
When I was initially shopping for a new subwoofer to upgrade from Polk 6750 subwoofer. I ran across a great deal for a Proficient S12. I was concerned about purchasing a subwoofer sight unseen from a company that did not have many reviews, but I convinced myself that Proficient was a reputable company and would stand behind their products.

When I first received the S12, I have to say I was actually pretty disappointed by the unit. The volume output was weak and I was not getting any output below 38Hz. I then wrote into Proficient to see what the issue might be. They really surprised me with their great customer support. My S12 unit was defective and they upgraded me to the latest generation PS12 free of charge. I am very impressed by Proficient's dedication to making their customers happy.

That being said, the PS12 sounds great. It definitely produces astounding bass that shakes the room. With my Infinity Overtures the PS12 sounds equally good for home theater usage and for music. I took a frequency response curve for the PS12 and compares pretty favorably to a Velodyne 12" for a fraction of the cost.

I'm very happy with the performance of my PS12 and Proficient's customer service is really amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Product model year:   2009