Paradigm Reference Seismic™ 10 Subwoofers

• Single high-excursion driver, dual passive radiators, built-in Ultra-Class-D™ amplifier
  • Amplifier: High-Current, Discrete Output 1200 watts RMS† (20–150Hz @ < 0.1% THD), 4500 watts Peak††
  • Amplifier Features Auto-On / Off, Trigger-On / Off, soft clipping, thermal protection, electrical shorting protection
  • Bass Driver 254-mm (10 in) RCR™ mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cone, oversize surround, 76-mm (3 in) bifilar 8-layer voice-coil, high-temperature Apical™ former, dual spiders. AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis, 8.5-kg (19 lb) magnet structure
  • Passive Radiator Dual 229-mm (9 in) balanced-plane, high-velocity passive radiators
  • Low Frequency Extension 21 Hz (DIN) *
  • Subwoofer Cut-Off Frequency Variable 35 Hz – 150 Hz
  • Subwoofer Contour Variable 0 to +6 dB at 60 Hz
  • Sub./Sat. Phase Alignment Variable 0º– 180º
  • Line Level Input RCA (S/E) or Balanced-XLR. From Sub-Out / LFE-Out of receiver / processor or other line-level source
  • Line-Level Input Sensitivity 100 mV mono
  • Finishes Black Ash

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2011

Bottom Line:
    Simply put this is an Incredible subwoofer. Ive had it for about 4 years now in my Anthem/Paradigm home theater. It Has worked perfectly ever since I bought it. The bass is incredibly tight and accurate whether watching movies or listening to 2-channel stereo music. Ive owned NHT and JL audio subs in the past and this thing just continues to amaze me everyday. I've had to purchase 2 table lamps cause this thing knocks them right off my end table. Seriously. Ive heard others complain of a hum coming from the unit. In my experience this problem lies in the LFE connector on the back of the unit. I had the sub hooked up via an Audioquest Sub 1 cable and noticed a slight humming that would come and go. The problem in my case was that the cable doesnt seat properly on the terminal it fits very loosely and you can wiggle it around and the noise comes and goes. I switched to an MIT Sub cable that right away i noticed fit nice and snug and the humming was gone forever. A pretty poor design by either Audioquest or Paradigm on that LFE connector. You can buy these subs used for around 700-800 dollars now and in my opinion its the steal of the century at that price. If you need a high end sub at a great price to complete your HT system then this is the perfect compliment.

Submitted by I_rock _you_roll a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
    Well after living with this bad boy for a little over 3 months I must say I am suitably impressed I use it in conjuction with a Denon 3805 and Paradign monitor 7 V 3 and mini monitors, and a cc 370 all V 3 . The extension on the bass is phennomal , I can't say enought about this sub it replaced my ps 1200 and did it easly.

The lows are effortless And with the controls on the sub and the receaver the speakers blend as one.Lots a balls for movies lots of extension for my sacd's most impressive. It never runs out of power even on the most taxing passages of music or movies. If this is'ent enough sub for you then my guess is you live in a stadium, My home theater room is about 900 sq feet and this little sub presurizes the room and makes the gyprock flex .

With 4500 watts peak it just won't let you down and nothing yet has been out of reach for it.

If you got the bucks do your self a favor and have a listen to one of these do your worst bring music and movies that your current equipment gives up on and I recommend waring sandels and no socks when you do this cuz this will knock your socks off.

Puts other simular style subs like the sun fire to shame and not just I'm Canadian and so is it. But the price factor in canadian makes it a worthy addion to most homes theaters.

Check it out if its in your price range does every thing well.

Purchased At:   Audio Ark Edmonton