Paradigm Reference PS-1000 Subwoofers

4.54/5 (123 Reviews) MSRP : $519.00

Powered sub w/ 10in woofer

Submitted by jack a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
this paradigm it is very powerful.i was gobsmacked if you come across one buy it

IT IS A BARGAIN

Submitted by Michael Lake a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
SIMPLE THIS SUB ROCKS, JUST PICKED ONE UP FOR A HUNDRED BUCKS, GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN, TWEAK THE CROSS OVER A BIT AND HERE COMES THE BASS!!!!! wOULD RECCOMEND FOR HOME THEATRE AND JUST ROCKIN ,RAP, THREW IT ALL AT IT, GOOD SOLID WELL BUILT SUB, GOOD POWER AND DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by gildak2002 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
The PS1000 has been an integral part of my system and I intend to keep it even tho I have placed an order for a Def Tech Prosub 200TL. The PS1000 is reliable and provides ample, good quality bass for both music and HT if placed and tweaked properly. For some genres of music it could be slow, for home theater a little boomy at times. But overall a rugged, capable sub.

Submitted by Tracy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2011

Bottom Line:
I put the model year as 2005 but to be honest the owner had no idea as he was the second owner. It sounds like this model has been around for over 10 but from some things I have read the earlier versions sounded like the amp was smaller than the 250w I purchased. To be honest after doing to more research I probably could have gotten it for $100-$150 (I paid $185). Nonetheless it seems to work great. I am not an audiophile (if I was I would have bought the newest model with cost being no object), but I have music on in my house almost every minute I am home and awake. I bought this to replace a Definitive sub that the developed a short in the plugs (that I was just too lazy to fix). Thus far it sounds great and is a perfect low cost option to buying brand new. Not only do subs last a long time its my understanding that right out of the box they don't sound as good as they do after some use.

Submitted by HolyJeebus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is no exaggeration: House destroying levels of Bass.

VTI: