Paradigm Reference PDR-10 Subwoofers

4.7/5 (101 Reviews) MSRP : $349.00

Submitted by Wes a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
I added this to my HT and it rocks!
I have a yamaha 7.1 reciever and paradigm refrence series L and R channels with a paradigm cc-190 center channel. The rear channels are another cc-190 and two paradigm titans for the rear L and R. Let me tell you this: as it may have taken me awhile to come up with the cash it was well worth the wait!
I love my HT, Pair these speaks with a 55 inch LCD and an Upconvert DVD, I can hardly wait to get off work. Well done Paradigm, Well done.

Purchased At:   Hawkeye Audio/Video

Submitted by bacchanal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
Excellent little sub for the money. I was originally going for a 12" and figured that I'd have to spend a lot more, but this sub fits the bill perfectly. I'm using it with Paradigm Studio 40's as my mains. This sub blends well with my mains and fills out that bottom end very transparently. My wife keeps asking me if it's on it blends so well with the mains.

I have an average size living room (14 x 20 if I had to guess) and the PDR10 fills it out adequately, though I am not one of those guys who likes a whole lot of bass anyway.
I have the volume at about %50 usually and the crossover at 60hz. I have my reciever sending bass to both my mains and the sub (no cutoff set at the receiver). My mains probably go down to about 40-45hz before they start to roll of significantly.

I haven't experienced any boomyness with this sub, but I've never really cranked either. It keeps up with all the music I play. Mostly guitar rock or folk type stuff.

For some music I still prefer a stright 2.0 system, and I'll just turn the sub volume down to 0%, but I think this would be true with any sub that I found.

Purchased At:   Ovation

Submitted by k8n4z7 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a great little sub for the money. It is a great match for the Monitor 5's. It can get a little boomy depending on the input. I would definately recomend this sub for someone looking for an affordable quality sub.

Purchased At:   Natural Sound - Camb

Submitted by edutainment23 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
In my recent pursuit to discover the joys of tight beautiful bass at a reasonable price I was fortunate to find this gem. I had previously auditioned a HSU STF-2 as recommended by the good people at HSU, which were wonderful to deal with, but I found that subwoofer to be to "BASS Conscious," for my current musical taste and home theater needs. After a trip down to my local hifi store I was recommended by the owner to give the PDR10 a shot and thank god I did. Its bass is clear, concise, and subtle something I particularily enjoy when watching a good movie or listening to jazz. Don't be fooled though this sub can rock if you want it to especially during movies like U571, Matrix, Black Hawk Down ect..I myself am on a very limited budget with Law School and all and have found this subwoofer to be well worth the money I spent on it, which when you really think about it is a lot to say considering all the so called "subwoofers" that can be had for less than this.

Purchased At:   Palmer Audio

Submitted by beto salinas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
compared to my m&k, this little sub blends well with my polks 800i's, i blew my m&k talk about highly overated, for the money it competes with 600 dollar speakers, to bad I got a lemon m&k or just bad the paradigm sounds not al loud but booms cleaner.

Purchased At:   pawn shop