ONIX Rocket UFW-10 Subwoofers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $599.00

Acoustic suspension, 10" black-annodized alloy cone woofer, 25Hz ±2dB, 52lb.

Submitted by tullymars a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well,Ive had my ufw10 for a few weeks,and so far so good!Very musical,and thats what I bought it for...music!My previous sub was just entry level,and was more for movie watching,slow and muddy on the tunes,the rocket is tight and has plenty of punch,I listen to all types of music and was happy with my polk rti8's on everything but rocknroll,even with my old sub they just didnt have the punch I wanted,the rocket solved that problem,and it blends in nicely with my speakers,does sound like its coming out of the corner,not over powering.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Slee_Stack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
(My price paid reflected package pricing)
Overall, this is a fantastic performing subwoofer in a small, beautiful package. Featuring a 500W amplifier and a 1 band parametric EQ, the UFW10 is an impressive performer.
I have since replaced the UFW10 with a much larger 15" based subwoofer, but for a 10" sub, I was very happy with it's musical performance. It is remarkably 'tight' sounding. The only limitation I found on the UFW10 was it's performance at < 28Hz region. In my set-up, SPL tailed off dramatically. This is the singular reason I give it 1 star short in overall rating.
Regardless, at it's typical selling price, I consider the UFW10 an amazing bargain.

Purchased At:   av123.com