NHT Sub One
Description: 10" Driver - 250 Watt Sunfire Amp/Separate contoller

Submitted by hkusuma a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
I just need to know if someone out there have the NHT Subone Subwoofer Controller available for sale, I may be able to use one if reasonable.

Submitted by KLIPSCH SPEAKERS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
I ORDERED MY KLIPSCH KSW12 ON FRIDAY AND I RECEIVED IT ON TUESDAY. ARRIVAL WAS SUPERFAST. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE PRICE OF THE SUB AND THE WAY THAT IT SOUNDED WITH MY KLIPSCH KSF 10.5's.THE ONLY SUB I HAVE EVER HAD FOR MY HOME WAS A KENWOOD WITH A 10 INCH SPEAKER IN IT AND THAT SUB DOES NOT COMPARE WITH THE SOUND OF MY KLIPSCH.JUST LAST NIGHT WE WERE WATCHING A MOVIE AND TWO PEOPLE COMPLAINED TO THE LANDLORD ABOUT THE BASS COMING FROM MY LIVING ROOM AND WE DON'T EVEN LIVE IN AN APARTMENT. ITS A TOWNHOUSE AND NONE OF THEM ARE EVEN CONNECTED!

Purchased At:   ACOUSTICSOUNDDESIGNS

Submitted by Noonin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first sub, so I don't have alot to compare to. All I can say is this thing sounds great! I have a room that is a little boomy, but this thing has no problem with it, sounding clean and tight. That goes for HT as well as music, which I had my doubts about until I plugged it in. It totally disappears into the room to the point that I have a hard time remembering it's on and where it is. For HT, it rattles the windows in the BACK of my house!

The controller is a great little gadget that lets you dial up just how much bass you want.

When I brought it home, my wife thought it would be just another expensive toy I bought, but once she heard it, she loved it and agreed just how valuable a good sub is to a system. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase

Purchased At:   Laser City

Submitted by acizmar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Crisp. Clean. Powerful. That's a fair 3 word summary of the Subone.

This unit has been a true joy to own this past year. Everything about unit has been first rate: packaging, set-up, quality, and sound. The outboard controller not only looks cool on top of my NAD amp, but it's oh-so handy when tweaking, as I am prone to do at times. The variety of connection options ensures that I will be able to use this sub with whatever equipment I choose. The 16" cube sports a beautiful high-gloss finish consistent with other NHT models.

Musically, I've found it to be very transparent and quick. I've always felt that the bigger subs (12" or 15") can get too boomy and thus unnatural to my ears. However, this is not the case with the Subone. It's 10" driver, powered by a tight Sunfire amp, has proven to be very appropriate for my listening levels and musical tastes.

It has also proved to be punchy (250W) enough to handle the dynamic peaks of my home theatre selections. I've found that I do not need to set the volume very high to obtain a full sound, however, some may prefer a more dominant presence. I like my sub to provide a low-end fill and the Subone has integrated quite well into my all-Mission set up.

In all, the Subone provides flexibly, quality and true fidelity at a reasonable price. I found a stellar deal ($400 delivered), but even at a much higher price, this would be a solid unit.

Purchased At:   Onecall.com

Submitted by Abex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
Subonei
Well I have to say this was a great upgrade or in my case update!

Have been doing research for someone getting an A\V system and have been in need of a new Subwoofer since a flood, due to an Ice Storm that damaged a Jamo Sub I used to help out with a set of Magnepan1.6's and PSB 40MKII's.
Magnepans are very particular to subs so I needed to be careful in my selection of a subwoofer!

Had heard Paradigm's & B&W's and they were good also!The over riding decision was based on the features that the sub had to offer and the price paid.When I ran across the price when doing research and read the reviews here I had to try it.I had my reservations,but after setting it up and listening to selective recordings that I use I was throughly impressed.The features are a definite plus that made intergration painless.The Control Unit makes adjusting a simple matter no matter what you might need to do!I could have bought the Paradigm PDR-12 for the same price and having the same specs ,but no controller.Could bought the Subonei in NH aslo for $600.So It is a steal!I thought that AUDIOSHOPPER might put me on a waiying list,but they had it to me in 2 days(Triple Boxed).Another friend getting a Velodyne has been waiting 2 weeks after ordering.

For some reason after setting up the system with a run of Straight Wire for Installation Connection Method #1 in the manual the soundsatge became wider than I could previously experienced using a recording I use to test.That is one for the experts to tell me as to why that happend(Wires , Control Box or Sub?).

The Sub is a pleasure to hear doing it's magic .Was able to hear the seperate octaves of base with the PSB's or Maggies!

Bootomline is if you truly need to go to 20Hz. then spend the extra $200-$500 on a
Velodyne,Paradigm or M&K.If you just want quality sound and can live with a little less Depth and need the Dexterity of the Outboard Controller then it might be right for you!

Equiptment Used
Rotel RC-960 Pre-Amp
B&K ST-202 Amp (Modified by SoundUnlimited Bristol,CT.)
Phillips CD-60 CD-Player
----------------
300 CD's
2000 LP's
Classical

Purchased At:   Audio Video Shopper.