Mirage Loudspeakers BPS-400 Subwoofers

4.89/5 (27 Reviews)

Subwoofer

Submitted by Mad Hatter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am a very lucky person to have this sub. in my house. I can't believe how crisp and clean the sound generated by this beast of a subwoofer is. I have been a big Mirage fan for some time now. My entire HT consists of Mirage speakers and I can't endorse them enough. No I don't work for them. For anyone thinking of starting a home theater definatly listen to the Mirage line. For anyone looking for a sub to add to there ht don't miss this one.

MY SYSTEM:
Toshiba 57hdx82 television

Purchased At:   Live Wire

Submitted by harmonic reverberation a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
This sub is very heavy. It performs very well for music, and of course stellar for ht. I use it for an anchor when listening to music, to get that last octave of bass present in good recordings of all kinds.
It looks incredible,sounds incredible, and is a real bargain. I can't begin to tell you the benefits of having several good subs in your system. This is the best onr that I have now, and should be
on the short list of subs to audition if you have the scratch and the space. I have it set about 10 feet from back wall, and about 1.5 feet from side wall. Give this one some room to breathe.Placement is easier because of bipolar design.
You must listen to it, but be warned:
once you've had black,you may never go back!

Purchased At:   soundssaround

Submitted by TS45 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought BPS-400 #1 in 1998 for $825.00, it has been a solid performer, love it. Always wondered what another one would add to our system. Tweeter was closing out on them last summer, floor models only. I found one, the top was not that great, haggeled them down to a $467.00 purchase, brought it home and use it along with the other in a dual mono effects speaker and roll off all other speakers below 50hz. to the pair.

As you can imagine I'm twice as satisfied with 2. They have been bullet proof.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by John Ryder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Oh my god after the break-in period this sub absolutely kicks butt. For anybody getting this sub wait till after the break in period before judging this sub.
Now I know why Widescreen Review uses this as their reference subwoofer.

Purchased At:   Glubes

Submitted by rweight a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I finally bit it and upgraded my prologic to DVD/Dolby Digital last fall come to find out that my Klipsch SW10 could not deal with LFE, it snapped with midranged frequencies. I am was/am a stout Klipsch-having 5.2 front, Academy center,and 2.5's rear. after listening to my brother-inlaw complain on the phyiscal effort required to get the BPS400 to the family room we tried it out.
IMPRESSIVE does not do justice, he now tells everybody that the big heavy black box makes his pant legs vibrate. I had the SW10 at max and the BPS400 is a 4 and is louder and cleaner, tighter than the old one. My teenage son who is into car audio has to demonstrate this unit to his buddy's. He told me not to adjust the level up when under power cause it will Hurt you.

Purchased At:   Tweeter