MB Quart D1000si Subwoofers

10" powered subwoofer, 100 watt amplifier

Submitted by xxhanhxx a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very clean transparent bass with good SPL capabilities. I don't know about you guys but every subwoofer I've heard that are less than $1k, will make a thump when switched on.

Purchased At:   Allstar Stereo

Submitted by B.J. Knarr a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
When turning on the sound system, the subwoofer is supposed to sense incoming signal and turn itself on. Well, it does, but not until a certain volume, whereupon it comes on with a loud thump! An unsettling and very noticable flaw.
My grilles are destroyed and broken at three corners.
This thing sounds good when on, but I would certainly consider others first.
My friends Paradigm seems to work much more smoothly within his system.

Purchased At:   mail order

Submitted by Mike M. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
This review is for this subs big brother- D1200Si, 12" 185 watt. The speaker materials are slightly different, but this site didn't have a spot for this sub so I'm shareing my 2 cents here. See my post under PS-1000 for what I think of the D1000Si compared to the PS-1000 and PDR-10.
I'm now useing the D1200Si and I must say it's fantastic. I'm running 4 TitanV.2's, CC170, and D1200Si through a Denon 2800. This sub just flat out rocks to my ear. I mainly listen to Blues followed by Rock and I have yet to throw any thing at it that it couldn't handle with ease. I brougth it home ,plugged it in, set crossover to 85 Hz and gain to 1/4, and aint mess with it since. Do your self a favor before you buy and check this sub out!

Submitted by Trevor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am using the sub in conjunction with the MB Center Channel and QCL-104 bookshelf speakers. The bass is great, clean and clear. I haven't heard any distortion when turned up on movie soundtracks or with music. The Polk would distort when pushed half as hard as this sub.
My Home Theater is still just beginning and my budget isn't huge, but for the buck, MB Quart won't treat you wrong. Great sound as well. I use Quart in my car as well. I am a car audio enthusiast turned home theater when I got married.

My home theater consists of:
Denon DVD-1500
Denon AVR-1800
MBQ Center, Bookshelfs, and Sub.
(No Rears yet, looking at some MBQ Balconys)

Submitted by William a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
I think that maybe MB Quart should have stuck with car speakers. Their subwoofers for cars weren't that good either, so I don't know why I bought this subwoofer (i have their car speakers which I love, thought the subs would too, guess they don't). It does not go very low and it does not put out very much bass for a 10" sub. Better off with an Infinity or a JBL in the same price range (even an 8" sub would do a better job).