M&K V-125
Description: Sealed 12-in subwoofer, 125W

Submitted by GeorgeB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2014

Bottom Line:
I paid too much, $60 off CL and when I got it home I found out one of the input jacks had a broken center plug from connecting cable in it. Short work to get that out and it has performed flawlessly for both home theater and music since. Also have 2 other subs (I have for receivers: Yamaha RX-V1, two Denon 3805's and a Denon 3801, all hooked up to PC via distribution amplifier which I use for both HT and music. I still want one of those Dayton 15" Ultimax speaker/cabinet combo's to complete my system. Well for now, the M&K is the king of my subs, has worked flawlessly and when everything is on I am in sonic nirvana. I have more vintage speakers than you could imagine (most are of the acoustic suspension category, A/D/S M-12 towers, 2 pairs Advent Heritage towers, more Advents,, also DCM Time Frames, Prodigy, AR 18, and others I can't remember, etc) but my wife puts up with it. You can't go wrong with these M&K subs, they are really good at accurate sound.

Submitted by AudioJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
Overall I am very satisfied with this subwoofer, especially for music. It is not the booming beast that my Klipsch RW-12 is, but that thing is rated at something like 700+ watts. That being said, this thing sounds absolutely with my two infinity reference floor speakers for listening to music. Its tight, precise, and produces bass similar to what I have heard from the woofers in Definitive Technology products. 125 watts isn't a ton and for movies with explosions and things its not great but I have never had a problem with music at regular listening levels. If you are concerned about sound quality this sub is for you, if you are just trying to piss off your neighbors I would recommend going with something in a ported or slotted box with a heftier amplifier.

Submitted by Robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
Well, first for that kind of money, you won't get a better sub for music and movie, It's a seal type sub wich doesn't boom at all. The first good quality about M&K sub, they have an excellent electronic crossover, wich can cut mid bass cause under 125HZ, it's a 36db slope per octave. So what you will feel is pure bass. I've try numerous sub and they always sound boomy, the crossover is weak, they always have a 12db or 18db slope by octave, wich mean you gonna ear some voice in the subwoofer. The only one that compete is the DIGITAL 12 from Velodyne, wich has a computer inside where you can adjust the crossover to your taste, but it cost 4 times the V-125.

But now I've found a used MX-350MKII, WOW WOW and WOW...What a huge difference between the two sub, so I place the MX-350 in front and I'm using the V-125 for a back sub. It's a room full of feeling bass.

Submitted by DTS ES Klipsch a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased 1 V-125 about 2 years ago with the intention of buying a second later.

This subs strengths are music and theater, which can not be said for many subs of higher price. Most will do great until it comes to music. This is where the V-125 is different. Tight, clean, and nothing you do not recognize, such as boomy bass that is not relavent to the track at hand. I LOVE these things. I paid 699 US for my first one and thought I would by a second when I could afford it. I lucked out and found a second one used for 230 US ! I have auditioned too many to list. But, for the money, for music and theater, this is the one.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi Fi @ Paw

Submitted by BK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use the V125 with a pair of Maggie MMGs. The combination is a very cost effective and extremely musical pair. I believe this sub to be a sleeper and underrated. Give one a listen, you won't be disappointed.