Klipsch RW-12 Subwoofers

Bass-reflex powered design, 12" front-firing aluminum cone woofer, 300w BASH digital hybrid amplifier, 21Hz-120Hz ±3dB, 49lb.

Submitted by hotroady a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2008

Bottom Line:
I don't like the RW-12d as much as the older RW 12. The Casio watch like LCD mechanism isn't fitted well, and cheapens the good looks. It may be easier to set up, I don't move my sub around, and know how to set it up the RW 12. The RW-12 is rated to go 3hz lower, also. It;s the Bash amp that makes this the better value than the Synergy series subs. This is a fast 12" driver..it has that punch..when needed, it's not boomy or bloomy. It's clean and musical. I borrowed mine to a night club for a few months. I actually turned it off once, while DJ music was playing...I was very surprised that a level of fullness, instantly disappeared from the dance floor. It was run at half volume, and won't of believed it made that much of a difference. It is solidly built, it could be improved w internal cross bracing, and more damping mat. Sizable magnet w stamped aluminum spyder, wiring is pretty good Monster wire. I like the front fire port...seems to make punch arrive quicker....something I need w Martin Logan Clarity speakers. I am surprised how well they blend w the 8" driver's in the ML's Glad I bought it. Wouldn't use anything more, and won't settle for less.

Purchased At:   Ultimate

Submitted by nmcevoy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
Replaced a JBL PB-10 downward-firing subwoofer that had served me well for about 3 years. Was looking to purchase a sub that would match the Klipsch Mains and Center channel speakers I'd been acquiring over the past several years.

Although I thought a downward-firing sub would perform better than a front-firing model, my RW-12 has proved me wrong. I don't think I could be more pleased with the performance of this component. It projects booming bass that makes the walls breath. The side-mounted volume control is a great touch, too, making it unnecessary to make adjustments on the back of the sub.

My home theater is now complete! This sub is highly recommended!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by om13934 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying this is a great subwoofer, and I have no regrets about my purchase. I had been shopping around for a sub to go with my klipsch Reference 15 system, and after listening to JBL, Infinity, and Definitive, I decided to go with the RW12. This thing is a monster. I use it in my home theater system, and over the last few months, I have pushed it VERY hard, only to find that I am unable to reach its limits. It delivers tight bass with virtually no port noise (at least until the sub-sonic levels with tons of air movement) It has plenty of range with quite a bit of punch and wow factor during action sequences in movies. The RW12 blends perfectly with my main speakers with music and movies. And I love the side mounted volume adjustment so that you don't have to lean back behind it every time you want to turn it down. (I do a lot of turning down because this sub is so darn powerful) It is reserved when it has to be, and jumps to life with ease. My only complaint might be that it isn't heavey enough. (49lbs. and it vibrates around on the floor at high levels.)

Purchased At:   Soundtrack (Ultimate