Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofers

4.14/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $499.00

Bass-reflex powered design, 10" front-firing aluminum cone woofer, 280w BASH digital hybrid amplifier, 25Hz-120Hz ±3dB, 39 lb.

Submitted by Nate Opie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
Picked this sub up on craigslist and got it for a steal. Honestly I feel this sub has the best bang for your buck. I upgraded from a little 100w 8" no name brand sub, to this, so its a little of a no brainer but this sub will do an honest 25Hz. Great for movies and music. My sub was purchased used so there was no break in period but my fronts (RF3) and center (RC52) did take a while to tighten up. This sub is crisp, clean and powerful enough to make you get out the tape measure. No way will a 10" sound like this. I personally had this sub and my RF-3's at a wedding reception and filled a high school sized gym surprisingly well. Dollar for dollar I'd say you cant beat this sub.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is my first powered subwoofer so I'm going to like it no matter what. In saying that though, out of all the subs I demo'd this was by far the best sounding, thunderous bass producing sub under $600 in Canada. (I can't believe the garbage being sold to Canadians at such a ridiculously higher price then the U.S.) This sub sold for a regular $599.99+tax in Canada so when it went on sale for $399.99 because the newer RW-10d was released it was a no brainer to run out and pick it up. This is the exact same subwoofer as the newer 10d model, *same amp and everything*. The only difference with the newer 10d is that it has the digital control panel on top. The RW-10 is a quality made sub made by a well known and quality speaker manufacturer in Klipsch. It handles the LFE with ease and has given my HTsystem a new sound I didn't realize was missing.

Purchased At:   London Drugs

Submitted by earswideopen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub for a music only system, which I believe 10
' is better than 12". Out of the box it was a bit muddy, but after a few weeks it tightened up. I had to do quite a bit of adjustments to get it dialed in, but now it sounds excellent. The pase is set around 45, crossover at 60, and I have it in a corner. I also purchased ahigh end cable and am using a Monster 2500 power filter. I have it paired with RB-35's, and the setup fills 500 square feet without effort. The volume on the side is especially nice since my 2 channel amp has no sub volume adjustment(from the remote). I also like the fact Klipsch uses vinyl on their speakers, putting the $ towards the speakers instead of a pretty wood finish. Its a speaker, not a coffee table. I shooped for a long time looking for a sub @ $400 or less and there really was no competition. Of course there are better subs out ther (many), but expecting this to sound like a $1000 sub is comparing apples to oranges.

Submitted by Drivesthebeast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit when it was one of the Demo models at EHR in one of the higher-end listening rooms. It turned out that they sold so many of them, they couldn't keep them in stock...I think there must be a reason.

I was actually considering buying the RW8 instead, and if that proved not loud enough, I would buy a 2nd one and use the cable with the Y junction in it. The RW10 is significantly more expensive than the RW8, and I found out why after I haggled a deal with the store's head manager because of mine being a floor model, and brought it home.

The RW10 extends a lot deeper than the RW8, and it almost goes as deep as the RW12 does in bass extension. It can play both loud boomy bass like that of movie soundtracks (especially DTS at high volumes), and it can also reproduce tight bass as well. Tight or reasonably acurate bass is a characteristic that often escapes the abilities of HT subs, but not this one. I can play ANY kind of movie or music tracks through it, at almost any volume. The only time the sub can sound muddy or sloppy is when you are listening to a movie at hearing loss inducing volumes...the port turbulance is noticeable with certain tones, and the woofer can't travel as fast as you need it to. Now, that being said, this ISN'T a $1000+ subwoofer here folks. What it IS, is a subwoofer that can blow the doors off any budget subwoofer I've ever listened to. It even seriously embarrases more expensive ones too. I never have driven it into distortion, and the amp stays fairly cool, even after long sessions. I guess thats because it's a digital amp, and continuously variable crossover and phase control.

The volume control on the SIDE of the cabinet is a brillant idea, as it makes adjustments while the system is playing very easy. No need to lean over the rear of it at all. I have it connected with a Monster Cable dedicated subwoofer cable to a 2006 Marantz SR7500 THX reciever, and have the internal crossover on the sub bypassed in favour of the one in the reciever instead. This was a great idea to be able to do either-or, and it makes installation more flexible for using the sub with a conventional stereo reciever if you wanted to, or with a HT one.

The RW 10 is beefy, acurate, has good looks, and is actually priced reasonably if you compare it to cheaper ones from other brands and think about the dollar-performance ratio...the extra money is well worth it. Speaking of performance, the RW 10 is an FTC rated 260 watts RMS, and 575 watts peak...that's more than enough juice to launce the copper cerametallic woofer into overdrive when you need it to. Just watch the rave scene in "Man on Fire" or the crash scene in "Flight of the Pheonix" and you'll know what I'm talking about...

Purchased At:   East Hamilton Radio

Submitted by klipschman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
i recently purchased a klipsch rw10 and i had the highest of expectations. Now i will admit that i knew going in that klipsch did not build the best subs under a 1000$, they are great but costlty. Now i read the other reviews posted here and i heard many different subs and i have to admit for music you have to bring it up to really hear it otherwise it is slightly subdued but once it gets going its fine but i must say this sub really comes through on movies where the explosions anbd effects are louder than at the theater i always find myself bringing it down on movies and up on music go figure. Build quality is there and so is resale valuer, the 5 year warranty is also a plus. So i was afraid that i had mande the wrong choice but i could have brought it back but i actually do believe it is a very good product that shines primarly for movie applications and games as well(it destroys on games try burnout 3 and you will understand). Klipsch are great products and i would recommend it over other name brands but i cvan also understand those who dont just love the look