Klipsch RPW-10 Subwoofer Subwoofers

FACTORY AUTHORIZED

5 Year Warranty

An ideal combination of technology, performance and design, the Reference Series RPW-10 subwoofer brings a deep, tuneful bottom end to home theater and two-channel music systems.

Features

• 10-inch fiber composite front-firing woofer
  • 200-watt RMS amplifier
  • Front-firing slot port

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by mjtab a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2011

Bottom Line:
    It is amazing how much quality sound you can get for little money these days. I bought this for a small 2-channel TV/movie system and didn't want to spend much as I have another audiophile music system elsewhere.

With an msrp of $400 I was expecting it to sound boomy w/ only one note bass. Boy was I wrong. It has a tight tuneful bass and it is easy to follow the bass notes on a nice acoustic bass of a jazz quartet or deliver the power needed for pipe organ. The Bash hybrid digital amp (made in Canada) is plenty powerful and I've never had to turn it up past 1/3 volume to fill a large dining/ living room space. I generally use it at only 1/4 volume.

It integrates well to speakers and I found the Kimber PBJ interconnect to be a perfect match for it. I keep thinking about selling it to by a pricier sub, but always change my mind because it just sounds too good for a $400 sub.

I highly recommend this entry level Reference Series subwoofer from Klipsch.

Product model year:   2009