Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofers

4.51/5 (169 Reviews) MSRP : $499.00

Submitted by rorythejew4 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
im not very happy with the prefomace should of gone with the velodyne ct120 a much for musical sub for the money!!!

Purchased At:   craigslist

Submitted by perfect pitch a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
Nice entry level sub for those wanting a house shaking HT experience without it being overkill, TOO muddy or boomy. We auditioned a KSW-10 but they were out of stock so we were offered the floor demo OR a new KSW-12 at the same price. Duh - so we took the 12.

Well, I'm sad to see it go but we have upgraded to a much tighter and cleaner sub - (DefTech SuperCube II) but hey, that comes with a much bigger price tag and has multiple drivers and you can't compare. So in all fairness to Klipsch, I have to say we enjoyed the KSW 12 for a good long time. It was paired with Cerwin Vega Re Series 38's (which have their own 15" bass drivers), Cerwin center channel and Boston Surrounds.

If you are in a basement or a very sound absorbing room the KSW 12 is great. For the price it is great. No where near as muddy and crisp transitions compared to others we auditioned. And it is a house shaker when cranked too if that is what you are looking for - crank this baby up and you can rattle 3rd floor windows and floors - and it doesn't sound all that bad considering.

But we're snobs now. We upgrade some component every two years and it was subwoofer/ speaker time. Oh well.

If you like to feel like Satan is burrowing up through your basement floor without too much distortion, this is a good and decent sub. It is however too muddy for music. I would turn it down to 2 when playing any type of music.

Purchased At:   Flanner's

Submitted by Kurt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
This sub got a couple bad reviews. Well it's a SYNERGY for goodness sakes! For the $200 I paid for it, I must say this is a LOT of subwoofer. It's deaper than I expected, very efficient and fun to listen to. It plays the heart pumping LFE tracks in my movies effortlessly, makes my windows rattle and even makes the neighbors complain. I'm satisfied!!!! It's not too big (for a ported 12").

Granted it's not a Sunfire, or an SVS. But cmon, I paid $200 for it.. I was looking for a LOUD, EFFICIENT, DEEP subwoofer that wouldn't break the bank, but give me what I want. No it's not as smooth as the sunfire, not as deap as the SVS. But cmon it was only $200!!! This baby is hooked up to an Integra DTR-5.3. My speakers aren't very efficient so I KNOW this sub doesn't play to it's fullest potential. However, I heard it clip a couple times when I switched to All Channel Stereo. But I had the volume cranked WAY beyond safety levels so It's not anything I flinch at. I typically don't blast my stereo to the point of loosing hearing. That's just irresponsible in my HUMBLE opinion. LOL So yes, I've heard it's limits, but who cares I ONLY PAID $200 FOR IT! I'm SATISFIED!!!! The finish is kinda cheap, but it's a cheap sub so there.

I also have hardwood floors. Boy oh boy does that downfiring driver sound nice in here.

Purchased At:   Pawn America

Submitted by Kurt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2007

Purchased At:   Pawn America

Submitted by bigmags a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
Hello the people at acousticsounddesign are awesome i got this sub from them KSW-12 for $330.00 new from ebay or you can go to www.acousticsounddesign.com

Purchased At:   ebay from acousticso