Klipsch KSW-10 Subwoofers

3.81/5 (70 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

10" downward-firing subwoofer

Submitted by fatroz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am going to give my quick two cents...since it is very similar to all the other reviews. This sub sounds great. At first when I hooked it up I was not happy. I had it cranked and there wasn't that much bass. After repositioning it(in the same corner, only shifted it a little), changing the phase to 180 and using a Y cable to go into both RCA inputs I was blow away. I had to back off the wolume to almost 50% just to not have it be too boomy. It took a little while to get it dialed in, but once it was this baby roars. I do have to control the volume a little from movies vs music. You have to have some good bass for movies, but I like to keep it balanced for music. So I have to turn it down just a little to get a great blend from sub to mains for music. When watching "War of the Worlds" recently, the first action scene when all the lightning is hitting the ground gave this baby a great workout. If you haven't seen it yet it is definatly worth the watch. Especially when testing out a subwoofer. It kind of puked out once when I had it really blasting during that scene, but normally I would never have it that loud unless I wanted to get kicked out out of my apartment. So be aware that it does have its limits, but they are farther that I need to reach. It is very realistic when listing to music. It doesn't sound like one big bass fart. You can actually hear the low notes. I know expesive subs this is not an issue, but lower priced subs like this one it can be a problem. It definatly comes recommeded for a first time HT builder looking for something to get started. At least that's what it is for me. Who knows...maybe it will stick around a while.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by Jake-O-phile a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
An excellent subwoofer. I have never heard such loud, clean output from a 10" woofer. Klipsch does things well, and the built in amp is incredible. I will always have a Klipsch subwoofer in my systems!!

Purchased At:   forgot!

Submitted by pacokid a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
This subwoofer is a great addition. It has a nice deep tone without being over boomy.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by golemsafe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
What I like about this subwoofer is that it is perfect for the carpeted room with wood paneling and overstuffed shelves. The people that rated this subwoofer poorly forgot to connect the speaker out to in I have four sockets on my paradigm reference studio 20's after the subwoofer is connected to those it is ten times louder. I would not want a louder subwoofer and I am glad it fires towards the floor. If you only rely on the LFE connection only the subwoofer is not loud enough.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by Gvan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I never believed that a 10 inch subwoofer can do much until I got into home theatre and bought this Klipsch KSW-10 powered sub. It is very well put together and does not take much space. It has a high quality sub driver and a 225 watt MOSFET amplifier.
This unit packs in a ton of punch, better than any other 10 inch sub I have auditioned. It is a serious piece of equipment and can be driven hard with no apparent distortion. Although rated at 28 hz at the bottom, it sounds deeper than that. Watching movies is fantastic. Unless you have a very large room you don't need anything larger than this pit bull.